Bluray Chapter naming within MKV

Hello ,

I am new to this forum and the WDTVlive Hub.

What an awesome device this is, I just have a few minor annoyances and maybe someone can help me?

I have ripped several Live Concert Bluray disks and loaded them on the hub as MKV files.

I want to know if it is possible that I can name the chapters to coincide with the song titles  and if so, How ?

My other question is;  Is there an easier way to skip chapters rather than having to go through the options menu? Because when I hit the next chapter button on the remote it takes me to the next movie title instead.

The software that I use to convert my files to MKV are DVDFAB and also Pavtube Bytecopy.

Thank you,

Bill

Welcome to the forums!

First, there is a forum dedicated to the hub, you should probably be in that forum.

WD Hub Forum

I think that the options menu is the only way to select chapters. I don’t know the answer to your first question, but you will probably be better off asking it in the Hub forum.

Bill_M wrote:

I want to know if it is possible that I can name the chapters to coincide with the song titles  and if so, How ?

I have no clue how/if you could do it with the software you’re using… it certainly can by done in Handbrake or with MKVMerge.  My rips all include the chapter titles instead of “Chapter 1”, “Chapter 2”…

My other question is;  Is there an easier way to skip chapters rather than having to go through the options menu? Because when I hit the next chapter button on the remote it takes me to the next movie title instead.

Nope.  That’s the way it works.

Do you have to manually edit the chapter names, or can it pull the info from the internet? I will try Handbrake.

I’ve always manually entered them.

I don’t think Handbrake will automate it.