Blue SSD Installation

Good Afternoon,
I have just cloned my raid setup to a WD Blue 1tb SSD, all is fine, now I need to change the Intel bios to AHIC instead of raid, but when I do that, Win 10 Pro needs to repair and it can’t. I am hoping there is a way to preload the AHIC driver like when you change controller cards in previous versions of windows. I do not want to do a reinstall. the only reason I am looking to switch is to see if it speeds the access.

Thanks,
Bob

It is a best practice to reinstall windows when changing SATA modes. That said there are ways to do it without reinstalling however you would need to make sure you have a good backup and understand you are doing this at your own risk. I found a site below that shows a process that you may be able to use but as a warning if something goes wrong you may not be able to boot the computer and would have to reinstall.

https://triplescomputers.com/blog/uncategorized/solution-switch-windows-10-from-raidide-to-ahci-operation/

DrLucky,

Thanks, I’ll give it a try, but I will create a rescue boot and an image file just incase…

Bob