Blue Power Lights Just Blink and Never Boots

Well, I just had the same problem today, tried 3 or 4 times power on and off but nothing… THEN THE SOLUTION CAME LIKE THIS: Unplug power, wait about 10 minutes and then plug in the power again, wait for the system to boot (it took more than normal - almost up to 5-6 minutes) and WOW!!! Problem solved. JUST IN CASE THAT THE ABOVE DOES’NT WORK, I read this topic _which I did NOT try_What Do LED Blinking White, Blue, or Solid Amber Mean on My Cloud?

Don’t you just love capacitors! Did you unplug the PSU from the back of the DL NAS as well?
The long time to start-up will be Linux running a file system integrity check on start-up.

I think at this point all of the DL units are either fried or are very soon going to fry. They have the Intel Atom C2338 CPU which has been failing pretty much since the day they were introduced. It seems the problem is the LPC_CLKOUT0 and LPC_CLKOUT1 lines are overloaded and will eventually burn out & take the CPU with it.
My DL4100 has this same flashing blue power light & no response to anything. I pulled the CR2032 in an attempt to reset its memory, no change. I hooked up a serial cable from the UART to a Putty terminal on my PC to see if the board had any life, no such luck. I prepared a recovery USB drive, it had no effect. I pulled out the motherboard & took off the CPU heat sink, and unfortunately it is soldered to the motherboard so it cannot be replaced. I had a look at the capacitors and for any other evidence of failure, no such thing. So it looks like this NAS box is kaput. I contacted WD support, the lady was very nice & helpful but she admitted that they have no parts for the NAS, no old stock on hand, and all of the DL lines are off warranty so my only option is to pull the drives and replace the NAS by buying another WD device. Or format over whatever data had been encrypted on there and is inaccessible in any other way. Great…

I’ll have to try find the author of a post written somewhere on here, but the comment was that on the DL series LPC_CLKOUT0 and LPC_CLKOUT1 are not used and also not connected to anything.

Last night our DL4100 suddenly decided to hang as well. Upon hard power-cycling it is also just perpetually stalling with a blue flashing power light pulsing at 1 sec. intervals. It remains in this state for about 5 minutes or so, reboots itself and starts the dance again.

i understand that these devices use some Linux soft-RAID implementation. Has anyone come across any howtos on migrating these disks to other vendors’ hardware? I’m not terribly inclined to take the easy route and replace the DL with a newer WD offering.

Put it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes, i kid you not, it worked for me right away.

the problem seems temperature sensor or overheating… i don;t know.

pulled the HD and tries in another case and was able to see the partitions but not read the data so thought that the HD was ok. But the NAS stayed blinking even with no HD, tried reset, thies another HD to do initial setup again and still nothing.

Cooling it worked. after a while i unplugged it to see what happened. same blinking light. cooled it again and it worked!!.

Will remove all my data and then get another. not a permanent solution but if you lost data like i did this will let you get it back to save it somewhere else.