Blue M.2 2280 2TB SSD Not Showing Up in Disk Management

I bought this SSD to upgrade the SSD that’s currently in my laptop. My plan was to clone and then install as replacement for currently installed SSD… however, Disk Management is not recognizing the SSD.

What kind of old SSD? (mSata or M.2 SSD’s M, B of B+M key)
What kind of new SSD? (M.2 SSD’s M, B of B+M key)
What kind of laptop?

If the new SSD is compatible with your laptop, you have to initialize it.
When a brand new SSD is plugged into PC, it may not show up in This PC/Computer immediately. You have to initialize it so as to make it detectable and work for storing data.
You can initialize a disk easily and quickly with EaseUS Partition Master Free.

1. What kind of old SSD? (mSata or M.2 SSD’s M, B of B+M key)

2. Good question. Not sure. How do I find that out? Originally, I went to Crucial.com and did their test and it gave me a “reading”… Now for some reason, Crucial’s app can’t read my computer

3. What kind of new SSD? (M.2 SSD’s M, B of B+M key)

4. WD Blue SSD M.2 2280

5. What kind of laptop?

6. HP 17-CA1001DS

7. If the new SSD is compatible with your laptop, you have to initialize it.

8. I’m trying to do that but when I plug the new SSD into the USB adaptor (I’ve tried 3 different ones), I can’t find an option to initialize

9. When a brand new SSD is plugged into PC, it may not show up in This PC/Computer immediately.

10. New SSD, as mentioned above is WD Blue SSD M.2 2280

11. You have to initialize it so as to make it detectable and work for storing data.

12. I’ve tried. Computer doesn’t seem to recognize new SSD

13. You can initialize a disk easily and quickly with EaseUS Partition Master Free

14. In going to the website, i see that although it’s called “Free”, it’s not.

How to distinguish the differences between ssd cards

You downloaded the free one ?
How to Initialize a Hard Drive/SSD in Windows 10/8/7