Blu-ray ripper newbie

Hi, getting my WD live hub tomorrow but I am a complete newbie. I want to rip my BD but what with and what to, I have had a good look on the forum but I just wanted to check if there is something new. Any DVD looks good? Iso or mkv ? Help please newbie Alert !!!

i recommend makemkv.com, osx and win. 

I use DVDFab, ripped to iso, and movie played perfect.

yes i have too say DVDFAB is FABBB u lious !! lol:manhappy:

Looking at DVDFab site, they have a bunch of different products. Which one should I buy to rip DVDs and Bluray ? Do I need to buy 2 programs ? Thanks.

Hi thanks for the advice, I am also think of getting a iMac which DVD fab does seem to run on have you tried Pavtube? Or should I get windows for the iMac, is windows easier for converting? I have tried makemkv seems to convert well but i have not tried to watch it on big screen? Thanks for your help

slimoli wrote:

Looking at DVDFab site, they have a bunch of different products. Which one should I buy to rip DVDs and Bluray ? Do I need to buy 2 programs ? Thanks for your help

makemkv works and is simple.  And free during the beta!

You dont need to buy the product. I have never bought their product and I rip dvds and blu rays just fine. Just download the latest version

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Click on the DVDFab download button. Its like 14.2 mb in size. Run it and you can have full access to all the features!

Thanks gonna check out DVDFab.

Hi thanks for all the info i have done about 50 dvds with Makemkv and had no problems thanks.