Blu ray rip fast forwards for no reason

Hi All,

I’ve been having problems with my Toy Story blu ray rip.  The movie would play fine at the beginning but then it would fast forward and I can’t seem to stop it.  I would press the stop button and the movie would start all over again.  I’ve been able to watch the movie for the first 12 minutes or so and it would go crazy and do its fast forward thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Not encoded just ripped?

As with most Disney movies, this one is a composite of a number of different m2ts files, and the only way to get it encoded (not ripped) successfully is to grab the playlist for the entire movie and remake one single m2ts file.  Did you do that?  Are you trying to play that, or trying to play the playlist file?

I used anydvd HD to rip the movie…so essentially the movie is around 35gigs…I usually just play the movie from the BDMV folder and once the movie starts, its fine, but around the 12-13 minute mark, that’s when it goes into its fast forward motion. 

But play the movie how?  What, exactly, do you select to play the movie?  Just the movie folder?  Because I don’t think you can do that with blu-rays (they are not ISOs the same way a DVD is).

I just go into the BDMV folder and a whole bunch files pop up and I click on the play button and the movie plays for me.  As for you saying I need to copy them into 1 m2ts file…how do I do that?

As I said, I don’t think the Live can play blu-rays like that, which is why it’s acting odd.  You can create one long mt2s file by using txmuxer (freeware) and loading up the right playlist (for Disney movies, which are strings of smaller mt2s files, this is usually a necessity – otherwise you can just choose the latest mt2s file and it will play properly).

To find out what the right playlist file is you can use BDInfo (freeware) to examine that blu-ray directory (it will show you the playlist by file length).  Load this playlist file up in tsmuxer, mux it out to one large m2ts file, and you’re good to go.

Is this because of the Disney movie?  I don’t seem to have any problems with my other movies (Lord of the Rings, Minority Report) in which I press the play button inside the bdmv folder. 

I suspect it is because of that.  Disney is not alone (there are one or two other smaller studios who do this) but they consistently do this “multiple titles” strategy, in part to keep people from ripping their discs (the other part is this is how they handle the multiple languages – if you examine the Toy Story stream you’ll see that there are several playlists with different streams, and when they show the titles, for example, one stream has English, another Spanish, etc).

BTW, you’re the blur, aren’t you?  (Not a huge secret – the only one who doesn’t know your idenity is Lois).

I was looking for a Bluray ripper and Pavtube blu ray ripper had good reviews on a few sites that tested them… I downloaded a demo version and found it was definitly worth buying. One thing I liked about the demo version is that it ripped the whole movie, not just the first 2 minutes.

I checked out the Pavtube Blu-ray video converter ultimate (since another similar product was mentioned) and found that it also supports encrypted .tivo files by entering your MAK in the options. This really is a once stop program. I noticed in my testing that it is very fast and the quality is good also.

[Deleted for advertising]

I have been using other tools that don’t use both cores on my CPU, but this uses all of the cores, making performance better as well. This is also the most straightforward application I have found.

How to get Blu-ray MKV video with 5.1 sound for WDTV

kate59588 wrote:

I was looking for a Bluray ripper and Pavtube blu ray ripper had good reviews on a few sites that tested them… I downloaded a demo version and found it was definitly worth buying. One thing I liked about the demo version is that it ripped the whole movie, not just the first 2 minutes.

I checked out the Pavtube Blu-ray video converter ultimate (since another similar product was mentioned) and found that it also supports encrypted .tivo files by entering your MAK in the options. This really is a once stop program. I noticed in my testing that it is very fast and the quality is good also.

[Deleted]

I have been using other tools that don’t use both cores on my CPU, but this uses all of the cores, making performance better as well. This is also the most straightforward application I have found.

How to get Blu-ray MKV video with 5.1 sound for WDTV

This sounds very much like a marketing post. Why buy when there are so many programs free.

mkelley,

Is there a step by step tutorial on using tsmuxer?  I would like some guidance so that I don’t jack up my files on my movie already.  Thanks.

p.s.  Lois is pretty stupid for not knowing…I mean, everyone else does :slight_smile:

TxMuxer is pretty straightforward.  Let’s assume you’ve run BDInfo, though, so you know what playlist file you need to load.  Just open that file (the load file button on the top right) and it will automatically load in all the m2ts files you need.  Press the “start muxing” button at the bottom and you’re good to go (you can choose to mux to an m2ts file at the middle bottom selection or just leave it at the default, which is a ts file.  Either will play in the Live, or can be used in programs like Handbrake to encode and compress for better playback).

TsMuxer will, by default, create the file in the same directory you loaded the playlist file in (so you might want to go to the name box and navigate to a different directory and give it a name that means something).

Once I make that new file…can I delete everything else and just keep that new file to conserve some space? 

Absolutely (although it will only be the main movie – if you want any extras you need to keep those specific file(s)).

Worked like a charm…THANKS ALOT!!  Plays perfectly.

You’re very welcome.

I would suggest running BDInfo on all your blu-rays just in case – while Disney almost always does this, there are one or two other studios (smaller) that do this from time to time and it will save you a lot of grief to examine them for a few seconds to make sure.