Blank dashboard

Hi gyus. I’ve bought this WD My Cloud 2TB today and already got troubles…

At start all was fine, but after some time i tried to connect to UI and seeing this

I did firmware update like here

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/How-I-unbricked-my-MBL-after-the-November-2012-firmware-update/td-p/317361

Things like 10s reset and 40s restore i also tried.

But still no result. 

I can see shared folders, can access Public, bot can’t access folders with users rights (there should not be users already).

Is there any solution? Preferable not to get my money back cause in Russia we got a lot of troubles with it.

Hello,

What browser are you using to access the UI?

Have you tried with a different one?

I’m using chrome, but I also tried IE, opera and mobile browsers on pad and phone. The same blank page everywhere. Could I mistakenly delete any needable package or something esle? Cuz I installed transmission and delete it a bit later with all not usable packages.

Make sure apache2 is running when you do a 

ps -ALL 

you should see a few apache2 services 

if you don’t

/etc/init.d/apache2 start

my best guess

Ye, I got 3 apache2 processes

Now I reinstalled all packages and problem is still here.

The only reason that I’m guessing your apache2 service not running was that you un-bricked your device?

if so,  the web UI stuff is stored in /var/www/htdocs/UI ; just check that it isn’t empty.

The only other guess is the Java permissions, make sure it is running properly or that you are running the latest version of Java.

Also the 40s reset starts with the power off, hit the reset and hold it while plugging in the power, then keep holding the reset for a count of 40s, then release… 

Alternatively, you could try the software that interfaces to your device rather then the Web UI. I never use it so I have no idea of how it works.

Good luck 

1 Like

I got smthing like this
[http://s019.radikal.ru/i640/1403/b4/5a3c032845d6.jpg

Ok, I’ll try to do this way, cause previously i pressed for 40s while power was plugged in.

And seems i got no java, because java -version output that “java” is not a proper command. Maybe it dropped only variables, where java should be installed? Or which java packet I should install?

ketron wrote:
And seems i got no java, because java -version output that “java” is not a proper command. Maybe it dropped only variables, where java should be installed? Or which java packet I should install?

I am using a mac so I really have no idea :stuck_out_tongue:

but maybe try here?

https://www.java.com/en/download/

So u mean java on client side, not on wd my cloud?

ketron wrote:
So u mean java on client side, not on wd my cloud?

yup…

there is no problem on client side…

New firmware and 40s reboot after helps me, thanks! Will see how long it will work… :slight_smile:

ketron wrote:

Hi gyus. I’ve bought this WD My Cloud 2TB today and already got troubles…

At start all was fine, but after some time i tried to connect to UI and seeing this

I did firmware update like here

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/How-I-unbricked-my-MBL-after-the-November-2012-firmware-upda…

Things like 10s reset and 40s restore i also tried.

But still no result. 

I can see shared folders, can access Public, bot can’t access folders with users rights (there should not be users already).

Is there any solution? Preferable not to get my money back cause in Russia we got a lot of troubles with it.

We are currently investigating this issue. 

If you still didn’t figure out how this happens, I want to say, that it doesn’t asking for password while authentification stage. Hope this will help.

Im having the same problem, worked fine for a month, then no dashboard. i can access the files, stream copy and such, just no access to the dashboard or settings

Update. I did the 40 second reset twice and after the second time the dashboard magically appeared. So far it seems to be working. Which is great news. I really love this device, i do wish i had got the 4tb versus the 3tb. Ill just have to get an external drive for it i guess. I did alot of research before purchasing this ( i do that with everything) There were more than a few bad reviews, but to me the good reviews shone through. Ive got 3 wd tv players, still need one more, that are used around the house for the kids to use their media, and they work perfectly via the wd mycloud. so ll of this fills a gap in our network. I dont mind a few bugs. according to reviews the mycloud would burst on fire and steal your soul before you could load a file on it. Ive been using WD products for around 3 decades. some things have problems and some dont, the problems ive had with WD devices, WD took care of them, and there were only a few. So im happy. Hopefully future updates will streamline the dashboard and get rid if that clunky feeling. but it does work.

Good job WD, keep it up. If i have a problem im sure you’ll take care of it.

Scott

I have the same blank screen in the UI. 

Is it bricked ? I tried three times to reset it but it is not working. 

Thanks