Black or Blue

Hi,

Here’s the scoop.

I’m replacing two IDE drves in my computer. One is 80 the other 500gig. Both are older WD’s Blacks.

I want to replace them both with either 500gig or 1TB.

They will be both boot drives (I dual boot Win7 64b).

So will I notice a big difference between the blue from the black figuring I’m coming from IDE drives?

The other question is why is WD having such a warranty span I mean 2 years 3, and 5 years. My thought is if they STAND behind there products then why such a warranty??? Why not a 5 year across the board warranty if they stand behind there drives???

Below this I go on my soapbox!! Above is what I really need answered!!

Thanks

Brad

I know that the blue is only 2 years and the blacks are 5 years. Which to me is bumkis!!!

There use to be a Non standard 3 years across the board a while back so why the big change in the last few years?

OK I’m off my soapbox now!

Anyway I’ve been a WD customer for quite sometime now. So that’s the questions I had.

Hello,

So will I notice a big difference between the blue from the black figuring I’m coming from IDE drives?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Regardless the drive that you buy, you will see a big difference since you had an IDE drive.

One side note. Make sure that you confirm with the computer manufacturer or board manufacturer if your computer will support the drive that you are planning to buy.

Regarding the difference on the drive warranty, it will depend on the on the drive that you purchase and the purpose of that drive. Since the WD Black is designed for pure performance it has a longer warranty.

WD Blue are designed for home computers and WD Black are designed for work environment running 24/7.

1 Like