Black Mamba Theme

Are you installing only the Black Mamba by DeVicious SMP V1.5.zip from the !!! Upload The Zip File Inside folder?

Cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly. Only the ZIP of this folder.  :(

nottlle wrote:

Are you installing only the Black Mamba by DeVicious SMP V1.5.zip from the !!! Upload The Zip File Inside folder?

Cheers

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Exactly. Only the ZIP of this folder.  :(

A lot of members have had problems with Internet Explorer when installing some themes, if you are using IE try Google or Firefox.

Another option is to unzip the original Black Mamba V1.5.zip, then re- zip only the Image & Screenshot folders and all the Xml files. You shouldn’t have to do this but you never know, I just loaded the original zip file without any problem.

Cheers

A lot of members have had problems with Internet Explorer when installing some themes, if you are using IE try Google or Firefox.
Another option is to unzip the original Black Mamba V1.5.zip, then re- zip only the Image & Screenshot folders and all the Xml files. You shouldn’t have to do this but you never know, I just loaded the original zip file without any problem.

Cheers

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I tested it using Chrome and Firefox. I also tried to make the ZIP with the original Black Mamba, but the same error occurred.

The error occurs only with the Black Mamba and Surreal themes. :frowning:

nottlle wrote:

Cheers

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I tested it using Chrome and Firefox. I also tried to make the ZIP with the original Black Mamba, but the same error occurred.

The error occurs only with the Black Mamba and Surreal themes. :frowning:

OK here is a download link to my copy of DeVicious’ Black Mamba V1.5.zip, I just uploaded it to my SMP so it works for me. Try it and let us know what happens.

https://hotfile.com/dl/162950738/ef62d61/Black_Mamba_by_DeVicious_SMP_V1.5.zip.html

Cheers

1 Like

nottlle wrote:

Cheers

The error occurs only with the Black Mamba and Surreal themes.
OK here is a download link to my copy of DeVicious’ Black Mamba V1.5.zip, I just uploaded it to my SMP so it works for me. Try it and let us know what happens.

https://hotfile.com/dl/162950738/ef62d61/Black_Mamba_by_DeVicious_SMP_V1.5.zip.html

Cheers

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Same error   :confused:

Same error   :confused:

I’m sorry but I don’t know what else to suggest, I have only had that error message when the zip file has been to big or a meta.xml file was missing, but in this case the zip is good in both instances.

Have you posted in DeVicious’ Black Mamba page over on the hub WDTV Hub forum and asked DeVicious for help? Link

below. DeVicious is very helpful.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes

Cheers

I’m sorry but I don’t know what else to suggest, I have only had that error message when the zip file has been to big or a meta.xml file was missing, but in this case the zip is good in both instances.
Have you posted in DeVicious’ Black Mamba page over on the hub WDTV Hub forum and asked DeVicious for help? Link
below. DeVicious is very helpful.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/bd-p/hub_themes

Cheers

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, he replied →  "From all i know it works if you download the SMP Theme Pack version

the zip file for upload is within the pack. Since it has 300 downloads and i didn’t hear from anyone I assume it’s working fine. Other than that got to the SMP forum, the link is in the manual."

Thanks for trying to help me

nottlle wrote:

Yes, he replied →  "From all i know it works if you download the SMP Theme Pack version

the zip file for upload is within the pack. Since it has 300 downloads and i didn’t hear from anyone I assume it’s working fine. Other than that got to the SMP forum, the link is in the manual."

Thanks for trying to help me

Just saw in another thread that a member suggests turning off  firewalls & anti-virus to load themes. Maybe try that if yours are active, you can always turn them back on afterwards.I f that doesn’t work it could be a hardware problem and SMP should be returned.

Cheers

ritaben wrote:

here is a link to DeVicious’s Black Mamba theme that shows info from movie xml in gallery view.

Please give Kudos to DeVicious for all his hard work

Cheers

https://hotfile.com/dl/150444442/f59eaf2/BLACK_MAMBA_SMP_INFO.zip.html

Ritaben,

Please give Kudos to DeVicious for all her hard work

:wink:

Bodders

@nottle

I dont own an SMP, but from reading the forum i was under the understanding that SMP themes had a Maximum File of between 18-20 megabytes ?

The zip file you linked i 21 megabytes … to trim it down delete the Thumbs.db files and it will be about 15 megabytes.

Download it to  C:  drive on your computer before uploading to the SMP (to prevent any file path is too long errors)

Here’s the 15 MB version of Black Mamba…

https://hotfile.com/dl/163219151/bfea925/BMDSMP_V15.zip.html

1 Like

Bodders wrote:

ritaben wrote:

here is a link to DeVicious’s Black Mamba theme that shows info from movie xml in gallery view.

Please give Kudos to DeVicious for all his hard work

Cheers

https://hotfile.com/dl/150444442/f59eaf2/BLACK_MAMBA_SMP_INFO.zip.html

Ritaben,

Please give Kudos to DeVicious for all her hard work

:wink:

Bodders

DeVicious always gets kudos.

Cheers

JoeySmyth wrote:

@nottle

I dont own an SMP, but from reading the forum i was under the understanding that SMP themes had a Maximum File of between 18-20 megabytes ?

The zip file you linked i 21 megabytes … to trim it down delete the Thumbs.db files and it will be about 15 megabytes.

Download it to  C:  drive on your computer before uploading to the SMP (to prevent any file path is too long errors)

Here’s the 15 MB version of Black Mamba…

https://hotfile.com/dl/163219151/bfea925/BMDSMP_V15.zip.html

JoeySmyth, as long as the zip file is under 30mb for the SMP it is OK. nottlle is having problems loading the Surreal theme also and that is only around 18 MB.

There are 2 other members also having the same problem, 1 cannot load any theme, and I believe they all have only recently purchased their SMP’s. Coincidence !!!

Cheers

@ritaben

Oh, 30MB  oops,  :dizzy_face:  sorry i was incorrect

There are 2 other members also having the same problem, 1 cannot load any theme, and I believe they all have only recently purchased their SMP’s. Coincidence !!!

Hmmm, curious indead… :neutral_face:

I do not know why, but after installing the Alaska theme, I tried re-uploading the theme Black Mamba and it worked.

Then I tried again and gave error … : (

but at least now installed and can I test if I stay with him or not.

ps:installed a smaller version of the Black Mamba posted by Joey. I still used the “Right Click Image Converter” to reduce the theme a little more, getting 11.5 MB.

Thx

Nottlle

installed the black mamba theme

also did the thumbgen and created the movie sheets

have saved it in the black mamba folder

how do i put it to me wdlive tb smp

i am using a nas drive which is hooked up to my wd via the wireless network

have got my files and movies on it

thanks

boxer29 wrote:

installed the black mamba theme

also did the thumbgen and created the movie sheets

have saved it in the black mamba folder

how do i put it to me wdlive tb smp

i am using a nas drive which is hooked up to my wd via the wireless network

have got my files and movies on it

thanks

What do mean when you say you have saved the moviesheets in the Black Mamba folder?

The Black Mamba theme should be installed on your Streaming Media Player and your movies files stored on your hdd !

Cheers

the black mamba theme is in the sd live which is connected to my nas via wifi ,plays everything so for apart from one file

i downloaded the thumbgen and and changed all my movies on my nas drive to sheets then save that as black mamba theme in the rt in the start when you save that theme in the thumbgen cullent profile option

but where do i transfer thes to show the movie details

its not explained in the pdf utorial which came with it

thanks

boxer29 wrote:

the black mamba theme is in the sd live which is connected to my nas via wifi ,plays everything so for apart from one file

i downloaded the thumbgen and and changed all my movies on my nas drive to sheets then save that as black mamba theme in the rt in the start when you save that theme in the thumbgen cullent profile option

but where do i transfer thes to show the movie details

its not explained in the pdf utorial which came with it

thanks

If you have set up the correct profile in ThumbGen and created your moviesheets you should have  4 files for each movie on your hdd, example as below:

moviexxx.jpg ( thumbnail file)

moviexxx.mkv (or iso. avi.etc) (movie file)

moviexxx.mkv_sheet.jpg (moviesheet file)

moviexxx.xml (movie detais file)

I don’t use a NAS so can’t help your in that respect, my usb hdd is plugged into the rear port on thr WDTVLive SMP.

Cheers

In addition you may end up with a tgmd file as well, but that’s not relevant to the WDTV.

With regards to a NAS, you need to choose Windows or Linux type shares depending on th OS of the computer you used to format the NAS and not the NAS OS itself. Finally you get prompted for a username and password to acces the NAS - depending on what kind of Access Controls you may or may not have defined.

probably easiest to start with no restrictions at all, get it working, and then clamp it if you need to stop other people seeing your movies.

trying to get Goodbye Black Mamba Linksheet here

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Theme-GoodBye-Black-Mamba-LinkSheet-Updated-Dec-14th/td-p/510386

to work with newest firmware and hoping to use the usb thumb method to show the sheets as per here

http://forum.wdlxtv.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=7665

any ideas how to set this value with SMP

config_tool -c THEME_PATH="/path/to/root/of/theme

…do I set this in the theme or the SMP? Also if I have a front thumb drive what will be the path if the theme is /X/ for example?

is there an alternative area to store the sheets instead that will bypass the 30mb limit for themes?
thanks in advance