Big problem with WD BLACK SN850

I have a severe issue with my SN850, the name of the SSD has changed to WDS100T1X0E-00AF, and the firmware version is displayed as 6149. The dashboard app does not recognize the device as a WD product and does not display any information regarding the product.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

It looks like Dashboard is only seeing the device behind a SCSI interface. This can happen if you attach your device with a USB dongle. Some drivers might also surface the device this way (but generally not the “default” Windows inbox driver). You say this has changed, so unless you physically moved the SSD, I would check if the driver you are connected to has changed. Things like installing RAID software or changing the drive connection to RAID in BIOS could have changed the driver you are using.

This is not indicative of a problem with the device hardware or firmware.

Hi, I suffer with the same problem and it’s driving me nuts. Ddi you find a fix?

Same issue with a WD Blue 550 and Black SN850, drives are working correctly, just keep getting cur and paste response from customer service. Gigabyte Z690 mobo

are you running caching software like StoreMI? check your storage controller and sata drivers in device manager. StoreMI usually breaks Dashboard.