Big accessibility problem

I have Vista Home and Business.

I have a Western Digital “My Book” and a “Passport, also a backup on my C drive.

I got a Trojan in each drive. I got rid of the virus but now I cannot access the back ups in any drive. This is important because I had to reformat my C drive and lost a lot of information. I have tried everything I can think of. I cannot open the vhd or the XLM files. I have used File Mechanic, file viewer and downloaded Microsoft’s vhd program. “My Book” shows almost no content even though I know it is loaded. I am only middle computer literate.

When I try to use the backup and restore program, it does not show any previous backups.

I have tried staring up in safe mode and using command prompt, using the drive letters in “run.”, and using the “manage” feature, all to no avail.

Try browsing to the Smartware.stwor manually and transfer the files, If the virus did not cause Data Corruption you should be able to copy to the computer, If the data is corrupted, you might need to use a Data Recovery softwareon the drive.