Beta testing

Does anyone realize the money that WD is making off of our beta testinng their product? People are still buying this lump. Look at amazon.com, for example. And they are trolling around these forums and getting our input to fix (in theory, but rushing code out the door didn’t do any favors for debugging later on). This really grinds my gears. So they are making money by selling a junk product, and on top of that they cut out the whole silly beta testing phase of the project to begin with. $$$$$$$$

1 Like

I would prefer a full refund, but unfortunately, I kept thinking they’d “work out the kinks” in a reasonable time frame so that window of time has passed. Therefore the headache persists.

1 Like

I saw that…that’s what you call making lemonade out of overpriced lemons!

Yes, recycling is better than throwing it in the trash, I don’t think anyone can disagree with that. But recycling is not as efficient as the device just working, as advertised.

I see this is your fourth post, so exactly how many have you helped debug?

I like my WD My Cloud and I haven’t had any problems with it. Maybe that’s because I am only using it for what it should be used for and not trying to turn it into something else.

I was also willing to read all User Manuals and other information provided before setting it up.

I say people are coming here to ask questions because they want to see if someone else will do their homework for them. A lot of the questions have nothing to do with setting up and using the My Cloud the way it was meant to be used. They want to make changes and then run into problems and it will no longer work.

3 Likes

Amen

1 Like

Let me break this down for ya…

#1, I haven’t asked a single question on this forum. I’ve looked at it periodically, but most of it is a cluster of misinformation and ranting. I research my own fixes. (but decided to join in on the ranting)

#2, I happen to love reading documentation. Datasheets, User Manuals, I just soak it all up. How can you even start to understand a product if you don’t read the manual? Amateurs.

#3, I’m thrilled that you haven’t had problems. Really. I’m thrilled. I’m also glad that you count my posts. This makes 5, right?

#4, I’m also glad that you’re ok with being a free labor force for WD. They are as well.

"

I like my WD My Cloud and I haven’t had any problems with it. Maybe that’s because I am only using it for what it should be used for and not trying to turn it into something else."

So you’re saying your MyCloud does not exhibit any symptoms of not being able to enter sleep mode or stick to it when ordered to (and waking up randomly several times per hour)? That’s interesting.

Because the MyBook has been advertised as such, being able to serve DLNA network for example or allow access remotely (“Cloud”) while to keep the box sleeping (at least most of the time, as it still wakes up for no reason every now and then) is to DISABLE the advertised features.

What does the WD have to say about it, when they keep on telling here they know about the problem (this entails the fact there IS a problem) and they’re working on it? :wink:

The entire mycloud series(regular, ex2, ex4 and the new joke of a device the mirror) have never been ready for the market. They are filled with problems and lacking major features that are common in other NAS products currently on the market. Let alone the inability to do thing with the device either from server crashes on WD side or major flaws with the device that make it inaccessible. WD needs to really get their head into the game as they are losing customers like myself who will look elsewhere when my device needs replacing. 

dog1W wrote:

So it is. But those who say in too clear words get deleted and banned

As far as I know, you are the only one to be banned…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Don-t-feed-the-Troll-Be-forewarned/m-p/715204#U715204

TonyPh12345 wrote:

dog1W wrote:

So it is. But those who say in too clear words get deleted and banned

As far as I know, you are the only one to be banned…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Don-t-feed-the-Troll-Be-forewarned/m-p/715204#U715204

I got emails of different posters who got banned.

Imho the way it is handled in this forum is against the code of conduct of WD Corp.!

DebbieDuck                     

I want to know how you got emails from so many people that supposedly got banned when you’ve only been registered since Sunday?  As a matter of fact, how could you even know their emails if they were banned?

Finally, why did you register using a fake WD email address, then on top of that post from an IP used by TOR servers? 

Since this thread has gotten off track, I’m going to close it.