Beta Release - WDTV Live Firmware Version 1.06.41_V (12/20/12)

se puede aplicar a la version para america latina? wdtv live plus

sino estan trabajando en esto?

Dear developers,

Plese add support DVB subtitles. this is very important for many people.

Thank you very mutch

Darya

Pleased to see that random file playback is reported as fixed in the opening post.  Unfortunately, testing on my system shows the fix has been unsuccessful.  I really don’t understand why this is soooooo hard!

1. Seed the random number generator (once only per session).

Then…

1. Generate a random number between 0 and 1 as a float or double.

2. Multiply the number of tracks available (in my case around 7000) by the random number.  My WDTV knows the number of tracks available as it tells me when I go to all music.

3. Convert the resulting float to an integer.

4. Request the track from the media server.  To ensure a random album playback, if the track was within say 30 of the previously requested track, I would add 30 to the track number requested from the server.

The key thing is to seed the random generator once per session using a unique key, like a combination of the date and time. 

This fix should be easy peasy and I am finding it immensely frustrating that something sooo simple cannot be resolved!  I would expect this to take no more 10 lines of code…and that includes declaring the variables!  I’d be really grateful if you could out me out of my misery.

Putting this issue to one side, I am pleased that WD are making these candidate release versions available for community testing.  This has to be the right way forward and can only help to produce a better product.

Just to give an example, here’s the first 20 tracks of a shuffled playback I’ve just run through (just Artist and Album is provided)

1. Cold Play - X&Y

2. Various - 100% Trance

3. Uriah Heep - Very Heavy, Very Humble

4. Oasis - Morning Glory

5. Lynyrd Skynrd - Pronounced…

6. Various - 100% Trance

7. Various - 100% Trance

8. Various - 100% Trance

9. Lynyrd Skynrd - Pronounced…

10. Kings of Leon - Youth &Young Manhood

11. Various - 100% Trance

12. Various - 100% Trance

13. Various - 100% Trance

14. Various - 100% Trance

15. Various - 100% Trance

16. Various - 100% Trance

17. Various - 100% Trance

18. Various - 100% Trance

19. Various - 100% Trance

20. Various - 100% Trance

21. Uriah Heep - Very Heavy, Very Humble

(This is from a possible 500 albums and 7000 tracks)

What’s even more annoying is that it doesn’t matter which track I start with.  I can pick any of the 7000 tracks I have and I will end up getting playback from the same albums i.e. 100% Trance, Pronounced…, Morning Glory, Very Heavy Very Humble and Youth & Young Manhood.

For me, the whole point of ripping my CDs to my NAS was to enjoy the variety that random playback would produce, rather than listening to a single CD all the way through.  At the moment my WDTV is little better than a CD player.

And, as I’ve pointed out before, this used to work on earlier versions of the firmware.

Just to make sure that my NAS (Synology DS212) isn’t at fault here, I have tried the shuffle mode on my PS3.  Using the PS3, a random selection of tracks is returned across the whole of my album collection, so it’s definately an issue with the WDTV Live rather than my NAS.

Hi,

Didn’t see anything in the release notes about fixing the extreme delay to load a external HDD full of media (for example, 1TB), everytime you turn on the device.

In old firmawares this use to be only a few seconds. In version 1.06.15 it takes a couple minutes until you can really start using the device…

Thanks

Has any one noticed that it takes around 25 seconds for a file to start playing? I believe I had already noticed this in the current stable FW and that’s why I posted this problem separately. Any way, has any one noticed this?

I have my WD reading from a NAS and it takes exactly 25 seconds from pressing play to really watching the movie. Turns out that if I press Play once a movie is over and automatically the next one starts, there’s no delay at all.

Thanks.

Pedro

prod75 wrote:

I have my WD reading from a NAS and it takes exactly 25 seconds from pressing play to really watching the movie. Turns out that if I press Play once a movie is over and automatically the next one starts, there’s no delay at all.

Is it possible the HDD on your NAS is dropping into power-save mode and takes a while to spin up?

Strange behaviour in case of upnp.

I use minidlna, but today i add twonky 4.4.18, and when i enter in menu “Media Servers” wdtv live goes in reboot.

After the dropped firmware a new (beta) version - my impressions:

I downloaded firmware 1.06.41_V and used a 2 GB FAT32 (quick) formated stick to update from 1.06.34_V.

The WD device took some time to find the new firmware. After “proceed” the WD device rebootet and was stuck at 0%.

I waited for approx. 4 hours but nothing happens. Several attempts (removed power cord to restart) whith out progress I got the recovery message. I don’t know how or why but the second attempt (of recovery) was succesfully and the WD device was running with the new firmware.

Playback of different files (mostly avis and mkvs) is nearly problem-free - behavior during the start of playback is a little bit strange: playback starts, duration and first “screen” of the file is displayed, then after a short pause the playback runs smoothly.

Also the detection of usb devices isn’t very fast but seems to be reliable.

Navigation in the menues is fast and unproblematic.

My conclusion:

Without the “pain in the **bleep**-update process” I would say a good firmware (for me) except the little strange behavor during the playback start.

I have a WDAAN0000NBK, already updated to 1.06.41_V (beta), but I can’t see the BBC iPlayer on my options. I’m in the UK using a regular broadband, but I bought the product abroad. Is there something I need to do to ‘activate’ the iPlayer? Many thanks.

Sera-uk wrote:

I have a WDAAN0000NBK, already updated to 1.06.41_V (beta), but I can’t see the BBC iPlayer on my options. I’m in the UK using a regular broadband, but I bought the product abroad. Is there something I need to do to ‘activate’ the iPlayer? Many thanks.

I don’t think iPlayer is supported on the WDBAAN0000NBK.  

Bug with flickr detected:

Player was reset to defaults.

In my installation wdtvlive connected via wifi and composite av on crt tv, also have dlna server in network.

1. Go to the music, media servers, start playing music.

2. Press home, go to intenet services - flickr - last 7 days intresting.

3. We can see preview of photos.

4. Go back or press home, now enter last 7 days intresting again.

5. No more preview, just black squares - this is bug.

If reenter without playing music from upnp in my case all fine, preview is here.

Limited testing but reverting back.

I stream movies directly from my computer. with previous firmware the movie started streaming almost immediately. Now it takes almost 25 secs for each movie to load. tried a few resets and factory defaults but still problem persists.

The new firmware fixed the auto match framerate for me.

I really hope, however, that there can be made one change to the final firmware.

Audio settings should have the old option of digital direct through both optical and hdmi.

I know many use tv speakers for casual viewing and only turn on the external speakers for certain ocasions, and those of us who do this, need to change audio settings all the time after 1.06.15.

I realize its not a bug, but i really hope this is implemented in the final firmware, other than that, everything i use works perfectly, and honestly match framerate was really the only thing holding me on old firmwares anyway.

I’ve reverted back to 1.04.31_V with no problems.

The 3 minute disk mounting issue on 1.06.XX is unacceptable for me.

Framerate matching works perfectly, fantastic!

Overall, this version is looking really good although I am having some issues with certain MP4 files that used to play fine but don’t anymore.

I have here a very strange harddisk directory phenomenon that convert files to folders:

On my 2TB USB Harddisk NTFS formatted connected to port USB1 are only in root directory mkv, jpg, and subtitle files. So I only use it for 1080p films. The jpg files that I have placed there have same name as the mkv files to create thumbs. Over 30 of 200 of this jpg files are now folders with same name, folders that can’t opened. With renaming operation I could turn them partly to jpgs, but 8 files stay there still as folder and are lost:confounded:

Also chkdsk coudn’t convert/repair this lost files.

I have also lost files (converted to proteced folders)!

NTFS Memory Stick with mp3 files on USB1 some are lost!! i though, that was a problem with my stick but now, it is a great bug!!!