BestBuy 8TB clouds on sale here in Canada

Yup, they are having a sale plus an additional $20 off on all purchases over $100 using Visa Checkout.

Bought two Clouds and one MyBook for Mac beating my Costco sale price.

Only problem is that Canada post might go on strike on Monday. They say that mail will be delivered only they won’t go overtime. So here’s to hoping my drives arrive safely :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I have to transfer all my data again :frowning:

I hear that in two weeks Hudson’s Bay is going to have a 40% off sale on WD My Clouds.

RAC

I’ll buy those too!!!

I figured that you would. But I was kidding. Had to look up a department store name in Canada.

RAC

I knew you were kidding and so was I.

Unlike Costco that gives me a 90 day return, Best Buy has this policy of once open they are yours (well mine) forever until I sell them on craigslist. Thus this ends the true testing period for a measly $20 cheaper.

However, I might try the following by not opening the BestBuy drives I have the option to return the Best Buy drives as well returning the costco drives also and just go completely in another direction. Nothing has been written in stone yet, except the fact that I don’t have the 4TB drives anymore so I cannot go back.

I am waiting for Costco to get the 16TB WD mirror Clouds so I can give them a test drive. If they work, I may prefer the Mirrors rather than a single bay cloud.

Although I may seem wishy washy at times, I always give myself a lot of options and nothing that I do is frivolous but to others it may seem so.

Too bad you were kidding, 40% off would have sealed the deal and I wouldn’t have looked back :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t pass that up.

RAC

So on a different note… other than Rac impetuous hudson bay sale post… my Clouds were shipped and picked up by Canada Post on a Sunday and all through the Weekend, the order kept updating itself with notices like preparing to ship, in progress and finally shipped on a Sunday. Completely different than Costco who had no actions during the weekend or Holiday Mondays and Fridays.

However even with a good shipping service and $20 cheaper than Costco, there is one thing BestBuy will never beat Costco and that is the returns. I remember buying my first flatscreen monitor 20 years ago from Costco and the flatscreen monitor broke after two years and I took it back to Costco expecting them take it and ship it for repairs or something (I was young and naive back than) but Costco gave me a refund for the monitor.

Thus even though I got the clouds $20 cheaper, I have my doubts of switching from Costco to BestBuy for my Clouds just because of the great return policy of Costco though the change to a 90 day return may mean a less forgiving Costco than previous.

I will have to see how I feel when my clouds are delivered and whether that extra $20 savings means that much to me; you know how it is when you think you got this great item on sale or extra cheap.

hmmm lets see if hudson bay has a sale too?

Good Luck. Not sure it is worth $40 for all the hassle.

RAC

yup totally…

this includes data copying, verifying to the first cloud, repeat data copying and verifying again to second cloud, that is two weeks of hassles right there, then formatting the costco clouds and packing them up and returning to costco.

Then if I ever get into problems, BestBuy will say “yeah, sorry you will have to send them to WD to get them fixed” and then I will be ranting and raving about the drives on this forum, Bill_S will then call me to get my drives RMA and then I would have traded my brand new drives for a refurbish ones.

Where-as if I ever have problems with my drives from Costco, “oh here is your money back!”

yeah… I don’t think it is worth $40 for all the hassles… and I might even have to cancel a “date” on Tuesday because I need to wait for the delivery of those drives before I can go out.

Good Grief… talk about fast delivery…

Do you know how hard it is to return all these wonderful on-sale drives? I took them all back; the my-book, the two clouds and the my-book Mac, thus leaving me with only the two costco cloud drives.

That was a cost saving of $80 after spending $1340… otherwise it would have been $1420.

The factor that convinced me was the data comparison (between the two costco cloud drives) finally completed yesterday night (running for 7 days) and hanged this morning when I tried to sync the changed data from one to the other; seriously I had enough of this copying and verifying.

Thus this really completes my journey and thus for the next 2 years only two clouds will be my NASes.