Best way to get a BD to the WD Live Hub?

I searched and it seems there are a  lot of steps? I use DVDFab and when I used to back up BR I would just burn them to the HDD and back them up when I wanted to, now I have the Hub and have been converting them to ISO to play on the hub. While most work some don’t? They start in the middle of the move, or have the wrong time left line at the bottom? What the best way to accomplish this with out 20 steps? I have a elite VSX 92 receiver and 7.1 sound I don’t care about file size just want it like the original BR! Should I use the Fab option MKV Remux? or just stick with ISO? Can I just put the BMDV/Certificate on there and play from there? Any help would be appreciated I don’t want to return the Hub if I can get it to work like I want.

Well, for many BR discs, that just isn’t gonna work (as you’re finding out).

The WDTV devices can’t read the playlist that makes up the movie.

If you want the disc playing properly, there will be several steps:

TonyPH12345 wrote:

Step 1->  Rip your BD to FOLDER structure using a program like DVDFab or AnyDVD HD

No further instructions here; I assume you can get this far.

Step 2-> Examine the file with BDINFOto determine which PLAYLIST comprises your movie:

The TOP window pane shows you the PLAYLISTS, and the BOTTOM window shows the assets that are associated with this playlist.  In general, you can infer that the BIGGEST (in terms of bytes) or LONGEST (in terms of length) is your main movie.  But here, there are two playlists (00000 and 00001) that are identical. 

Clicking the 00000 playlist and comparing the output in the bottom to that of 00001 shows that they ARE actually identical.  So we’ll use 00000.

That’s all we need to use BDINFO for, so close it.

NOTE:   If, indeed, the main movie *IS* entirely in its OWN M2TS file, you can SKIP STEP 3.  However, MANY BD’s are authored in such a way that the movie is scattered among MANY M2TS files.   Disney / Pixar movies are known for this.  So, even though MY movie *IS* in one M2TS file, I’ll still show Step 3, as the steps are identical regardless.

Step 3 →  Remux the Main Movie into its own M2TS file.

Open that specific playlist file in TSMuxerGUI

Click ADD… and navigate to the PLAYLIST file that was determined above.  It should be in *\BDMV\PLAYLIST directory.

The top portion of the screen, under “Tracks:,” lists ALL of the video / audio / Subtitle tracks that make up the movie.

In our example, the studio decided to put both a HIGH RESOLUTION (HD) and Low Resolution stream inside the M2TS.   Don’t know why, but I don’t want the low resolution stream.

I am selecting the HIGH RESOLUTION video stream, and ALL the english audio tracks.   Pick any or all, but make sure you include at least one!

Apollo 13 has a HUGE number of subtitle tracks.   We’ll deal with those later.   Don’t select ANY of them right now.

After Selecting the tracks you need, and DESELECTING all the ones you don’t, under OUTPUT, click the “M2TS Muxing” radio button, provide a path for the OUTPUT file to be saved, then click START MUXING.

This can take quite a while.  It took about 5 minutes on my 4-core i3 processor.  

It should be noted that, if you DO select the Subtitle tracks, the resulting M2TS file will play just fine (with subtitles) on the WD Boxes.   So if that’s all you want, you can STOP.

I use Pavtube’s ByteCopy. One click conversion to MKV format and they play fine on the Hub with no loss in picture or sound quality. You can retain the original 5.1 and 7.1 soundtracks. too. No menus or extras, though, but hardly a deal breaker.

I am looking into that program, I use Fab and have been since it came out! If MKV is the way to go as I have ISO’s that play just fine to! Not sure how they differ!