Best settings for AVI/Xvid conversions

Please post the best software and settings for AVI / Xvid files on the WD Mini player.  Also post any problems you have with your best efforts. 

Please do not use this thread to post complaints with the devices, we all know the limitations of the device, please focus on trying to finding out how to use this device it’s fullest.  I believe this is a very good device, but has some limitations.  We all need solutions not more complaints.

1 Like

DVDFab 7 DVD to Mobile

Always converting in 2 steps to HD irst, then from HD to Mobile file. 

First Full Copy Then Generic Xvid

Size, never larger than 720 x 480 (device limit)

Deinterlace ( to get rid of black lines)

Audio copy

Limiting file size seems to cause more problems.  Less than about 500 MB per hour seems to cause problems.

Are these still the “best quality” settings?

Does anyone have any other experiences?

I think for all those converting their DVD collection to files it would be great to know whats the best for this device…

Also, is there any good acceptable settings that wil make the files work “perfectly” on both WD TV and iPhone/iPad?

Cheers,

Daniel

For me, these settings work very well.  Please keep in mind you may have different resultd with different encoders/software.  Movies tend to come out to about 1.5G per movie, but that depends on length.

IF you are using the same software, it is recommended that you copy disk to hard drive first, then convert from copy.  I don’t remember what the problems were, and it may be better in the newer versions as they have revised the encoding engine recently. 

Unfortunately, ther has been no input from other users, so I can’t

bump!

Anyone else have some experiences to share?

I use the Megui “2pass Balanced Home Theathre” profile which gives me good results

in my oppinion its the best Speed/Quality solution that is compatible with standalone players