Best Place to Store HDD

I have a WD My Passport 1TB HDD which was bought two years ago. I rarely use it, but the storage is completely filled in it. The total power on count is 28 Hours (CrystalDiskInfo). I use it once in a month to check whether or not there is a problem with the drive and perform checkdisk with only “Automatically fix file system errors” checked. The last time (2 months back) I’ve performed the check disk, I found no problems. Yesterday, after two months, I’ve connected the HDD and performed the Checkdisk and it shows that Windows have made corrections to the filesystem, any files that are lost may be found in the folder named FOUND. Although the S.M.A.R.T results are good, I still worried about the disk. I store it in a box where it is delivered with (No ventilation and of course, I don’t move it anywhere else, haven’t dropped before). I still don’t know where to keep the HDD when not in use. I doubt the poor ventilation is causing the drive to fail. Can anyone tell me the best place to keep the HDD as well as some of the best maintenance practices?

Hi brucewayne007,

You can buy the protective case from Amazon for your WD My Passport hard drive.