Before you pack up your WD and return it, let's talk about Copying Speeds!

Great post Raphael, many thanks.

Unfortunately it misses the point, which is many users (probably most) dont buy devices to have to play around with the software et al to get it to work acceptably. If this was a professional device for IT persons use then perhaps but not for Joe Public. Also begs the question why is this information not available from WD support themselves? And why dont they say upfront that transferring data will take days not hours? Because then they wouldn’t sell any.

Sorry but mine is back in the box on the way to Amazon. I just dont have the time, incination or skills to play around with this device when I expected, and was led to expect, that it would just work. i only want to be able to access the family photos from a central storage device. I can’t. It’s not fit for purpose.

If and when WD get this device right then i might reconsider getting one (and what about a setting on it for just local network use to simplify it?) but I doubt it. When just under half the reviews on amazon give it 3 stars or less then there’s just something wrong and WD need to address it.

But again, thanks for your time and effort. If only WD Support were as professional perhaps the consumer might be more forgiving.

Signing out forever,

Bob

1 Like