Before running Data Life Guard, what do I need to know, etc?

Hi. I’m planning on running WD “Data Life Guard” on a drive I bought recently. However, I’ve never used DLG before and have no idea what to expect. I’m an extreme novice at this and would like some expert, orderly steps to follow.

* Will the output be so highly technical that I won’t have a clue as to what to do with the results, etc?

* What should I know before I run DLG? For instance, I saw something about “Power Management” but there was no info on why that was even mentioned? Is it important to “do something” about it?

* Is there anything else I should know before starting?

My new Internal drive is: HDD (Internal): WD Black 500GB SATA III, 64 MB Cache, - WD5003AZEX

Note: I’m using Windows 7 Pro 64 and it is completely up-to-date.

Hi if you are running the windows version of it there is nothing to prepare. Once you start the program you just have to click test and it will run the test and just give you an answer either the drive passes or it does not. The smart data you would have to know what each description means but if it passes the first test there is no problem normally with the smart data.

Thank you, Hammey. I’m going to give it a try.

Hammey, I ran the test. It took a mere 2-minutes to complete with a nice green checkmark and saying “PASS!”

Thanks again. I feel better now.