Be very very careful when huntin wabbits and the new Firmware download for MY Book Essential,lol

Howdy All,

New postie but sure I am not the only one with this problem! I recently checked for updates while running a back-up on my always over loaded Hard drives and decided to not only upgrade the Firmware but also the Software…Big mistake as now when ever I plug the drive in it automatically kicks up an error message stating that I have a “A  Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library R 6034- an application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact application support team for more info. along with the program path to where the file is.”  The actual error message sent to Microsoft shows that the new version of the software is listed in the report as "App Ver:1.3.0.16… I went to Microsoft Downloads site and downloaded the latest release of Visual Studio 2010 and have Visual Basic 2008 installed already. So I am at a loss as to what to do next, dump the drives contents and do a reformat and start all over again and stay away from the upgrades if this is what is going to happen each time I turn the darn thing on. I am not able to access any way into this drive so if anyone has had the same problems and have found a work around please let me know. Thanks so much for your time and trouble.

Tiggerer