Bdmv

This question may have been posed before, but I figured I’d ask again considering I can’t ifnd the exact answer I’m looking for.

When I load blu ray’s I get 2 folders: BDMV and CERTIFICATE.  There are what appears to be little .m2ts files within these folders, but can this set of folders be recognized as a single disk?  If not, what’s the best way to get the playback I want (aka the full movie) without weeding through extras and other things like that?

Use the freeware program   “BDInfo” to examine the Blu-Ray’s “Playlists.”   That will help you find out which playlist actually is the movie itself.

Once you find that playlist, remember the number.

Now run another Freeware program called “TSMuxerGUI.”    OPEN that PlayList file from the previous step and it will load up a list of all of the .M2TS files that they PlayList uses.

Finally, select the AUDIO Tracks you want, and tell TSMuxer to OUTPUT a new M2TS file.

It will combine all those individual M2TS files into a new, single M2TS file that has ONLY the files they Playlist used (hopefully the MAIN MOVIE.)

If you are so inclined, you can then run THAT M2TS file through HANDBRAKE, which will re-compress the movie and usually shrink it by about 66% without noticeable loss of quality.  

Great, I had installed BDInfo. When I tried playing it is fine but one question har, how to select sub title for the movie?

Many thanks!

Use the TSMuxer program to export the PGS subs to a separate file.

Then use the program BDSup2Sub to convert the PGS subtitles to VobSub subtitles.

When you have the VobSub subtitles, you can put them into the MKV using MKVMerge.

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Watch Blue Valentine Online Free

So I finally got BD Info and I’m looking at the menus after examining a folder.  Here’s a screenshot of what I’m seeing.

am I supposed to use the the one file that’s in the “Stream File” list by itself or one in the “Playlist File(s)” list?  As you can see, 2 of the Playlist files are the exact same size, so I don’t really know which one I should be using, so I figured I’d ask just to be 100% sure

Thanks again for all the help

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Then use the program BDSup2Sub to convert the PGS subtitles to VobSub subtitles.

Is this really necessary? As said here in another thread the LIVE supports PGS/SUP in m2ts containers (but not in MKVs).

Techflaws wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Is this really necessary? As said here in another thread the LIVE supports PGS/SUP in m2ts containers (but not in MKVs).

This was in context of using MKVs, so, yes,  that would be necessary.