Battling

Hi,

There is probably heaps of Questions on this but i need some advice on my Livehub.

1.What is the best way to stream to other TVs’ through out the house from one Livehub?Do i need other equipment ie another live hub?

2.Can I connect a non WD external HDDs to the Live hub? I also have an old mediagate MG 450HD?

3.And what about connecting a QNAP network storage is this ok?

Any feedback would be great,as Im all new too this and i love my Livehub.

All These are possible however I cannot say if they are compatible I am using a netgear stora NAS works perfectly with 7 hard drives attached to it. Pretty much just set it up on your network and then go to network shares on you hub and you can either view it as folder structere or sync it to media library and all should be good to go

The Live Hub will not stream to other TVs, only to the one it is physically connected to. You could split that signal and run it via HDMI cable to another TV, but the Live Hub is not technically designed for connection to more than one device.

It can stream to multiple devices via DLNA and Samba. 

If your TVs support DLNA or Samba, then the Hub can stream to multiples.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

That would require a wireless setup, correct? That means more hardware in addition to the Hub.

thanks for your answers,

What about if i have a WDTV live  connected to another T.V could this receive files etc from the WDTV livehub which is in another room?

Miami_Son wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

That would require a wireless setup, correct? That means more hardware in addition to the Hub.

Well, no, not necessarily.   If the Hub and TVs are WIRED (as are mine) then no additional hardware is needed.

Ok, here’s my house…just as an example.

Living room has a cat5 wired WDTV Live Hub HDMI to TV CAT5 to router in computer room

Bedroom has a WDTV Live Plus HDMI to TV CAT5 to router in the computer room

From the Bedroom:

I can access all the movies on the Hub in the living room.

I can access all the music on the Hub in the living room.

I can access all the pictures on the Hub in the living room

Works great!! Even access to the USB port on the Hub with no problem. I have a 320GB drive attached to it.

How do you physically direct the Live Hub output to another device? If you mean that a networkable TV can see the content on the Live Hub and access it, that’s a long way from the Hub being able to output to a second device, which is what was originally asked. In that case you would be using the networked device’s interface, and not the Hub’s, to access and play that content.

Original question was:  “What is the best way to stream to other TVs’ through out the house from one Livehub?”

Streaming ALWAYS implies network streaming.  ;)

After all, I don’t “stream” my DVD Player to my TV… :slight_smile: