Battery in Hub

What is the type or model number is the battery? Is there a video on YOUTUBE for opening the Hub and installing battery? My Hub seems to be slow at compiling library so I would like to change battery. Does anyone have this info or knowledge on the subject?

Hi,

When you mentioned “the battery”, could you please specify what you are referring to?

The battery one of those flat, round, shiny ones: 2032. Available in all big box and drug stores.

The case cover pries off. There is an almost invisible seam around 4 sides. That said, the covers on my two WDTVLVEHUBs are slightly different. Ideally you would have one those plastic wedge tool sets that are used to open cellphones and other electronics. You could improvise with a knife or very thin paint spatula, but be careful. Always work gradually around the whole case, rather than trying to lift just one side or corner all the way. There is a YouTube video showing this procedure.

The battery pops out of its fairly delicate Holder. Careful!

The battery DOES store some top level file/library info, so it does make a difference in the “compiling media library” time after a hard power down, especially with a very large library of files.

good luck, Robert

The first thing i’d try before replacing the battery is the “Clear Media Library” option

Which basically rebuilds the Media Library and consolidates the media contents.

My Raspberry Pi 3 with Kodi has a similar option called “Clean Library”

When you delete stuff and move files around, the Library Database can get a bit messy and full of junk which can slow the compiling down.

Page 195 : https://www.uwo.ca/visarts/resources/Sign-Out-Guides/WD%20TV%20Live%20Hub/WD_TV_Hub_Manual.pdf