Basic navigation query

Hi,

It’s been a year or two since I set up my WD TV Live and I’ve forgotten a really basic point!

What determines the top level folders I see when I start navigating please? In my case, accessing my PC via Network Shares,  these are just 3 folders, named:

Photos

My Videos

Projects

These represent 3 specific folders on my PC HD:

C:\Docs\My Pictures\PHOTOS

C:\Docs\My Videos\

C:\Docs\My Videos\PROJECTS

I must have set these up in some special way, so that they appear prominently at the start of my navigation, but I’m darned if I can recall how! :confounded:

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Have you got any other folders shown or just these 3. These folders are the ones that you have chosen to share on your PC. The player will only see shared folders.

Darn! I just posted a detailed reply and got an obscure mesage about a ticket authentication mismatch or some such. And my carefully composed message was then nowhere to be found. Anyone know what that’s all about please?

Anyway, I’ll try again (pasting a copy to my text editor this time before I click ‘Post’).

Thanks for that helpful reply. It brought it all back. I was mistaken about those 3 folders - in fact I have 11, all shared as you say.

My Documents is one of the 11. And I can also play all appropriate files in the hundreds of subfolders of My Documents. Yet the Share option is not enabled for each of these. Instead ‘Do not share’ is checked in every case. Why this apparent contradiction?

Finally, my remote’s Search button always gives the ‘not allowed’ symbol. Is that because I’m using Network Shares? If so, is my only method of navigation to step tediously through all the sub-sub-sub folders and files?

terrypin wrote:

Darn! I just posted a detailed reply and got an obscure mesage about a ticket authentication mismatch or some such. And my carefully composed message was then nowhere to be found. Anyone know what that’s all about please?

Yes, it’s a bug of the crappy lithium forum software. After a while the edit window times out and of course you can’t go back to your previously written stuff (although autosave might have it).

You can only search if you have the media library on and you are connected to my media library.

Thanks. So no other way to search when using Network Share?

Anyone with any thoughts on my question about sub-folders please?