Basic beginners My Book Live information required

I’m new to the world of My Book Live, NAS, and so on.

Firstly, I have a USB HDD with c.1.5tb of data on it which I want to transfer to a MBL.  Do I just plug the HDD’s USB into my PC, then plug the the MBL into the PC via the ethernet cable, then copy and paste, as if I were transferring the media to another HDD?

Secondly, I then want to connect the MBL to my wireless router (a BT Home Hub) to acess the media from my new WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.  Is it just plug and play, or is there a long set up procedure I need to go through?

Cheers.

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

I’m new to the world of My Book Live, NAS, and so on.

Firstly, I have a USB HDD with c.1.5tb of data on it which I want to transfer to a MBL.  Do I just plug the HDD’s USB into my PC, then plug the the MBL into the PC via the ethernet cable, then copy and paste, as if I were transferring the media to another HDD?

Yes, that will work. Just remember that the MBL will be listed under “network” instead of “computer”, you can manually browse for the MBL by typing \mybooklive on the search bar when you click on start (Vista/W7).

Pecker wrote:

Secondly, I then want to connect the MBL to my wireless router (a BT Home Hub) to acess the media from my new WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.  Is it just plug and play, or is there a long set up procedure I need to go through?

Just connect it to your router and map it the same way as above.

1 Like