Bad PCB WD My Passport WDBACX0010BBL-00 - How To Recover Data?

I have a USB only external hard drive. It’s a portable drive.
I’m using a Mac.
Working fine for 2 years, all of a sudden does not appear in Finder.
The light is on, and sounds normal as it normally does.
Tried a new cable, and different Macs, no help.
Does not appear in “Disk Utility”
In “System Info” comes up as BAD PCB
Apparently WD had “Data Lifeguard Diagnostic” but it’s built into the external drive. So no go.
How do I recover my data?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

metin1,

If the drive is spinning and shows up in Disk Management (Windows), or Disk Utilities (Mac OSX), but cannot be accessed, then the drive’s partition table is most likely damaged or corrupted. It may be possible to still extract the data utilizing data recovery software. Western Digital does not provide data recovery software. However, there are several kinds of Data Recovery software available. If you do a web search for Data Recovery it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.

If the drive does not show up in Disk Management (Windows), or Disk Utilities (Mac), and you have tried all the troubleshooting options relevant to your drive, then your drive has most likely failed and you will need to contact a data recovery company to retrieve your data. Western Digital does not provide data recovery services. However, we have a list of recommended preferred data recovery partners that you can use for data recovery services.

1 Like

The drive does not show up in disk utility… and shows in System Profile as “Bad PCB”… No software solution…

…therefore £350 + VAT for data recovery services…