Bad Firmware. Poor form WD

just how many more posts are needed for WD to fix this OBVIOUS issue.
Look at all the posts about “cant see network shares”… SHAME on you WD. Its not individual users when there are duplicate posts over and over again with random solutions and magical fixes.

Dam straight im mad.

Ive had this paper weight for WAY to long now, used it with WIN 7 / 8 / 10, different settings on both PC and on the device, shared just 1 file to a whole drive… so many other tests and settings… the only thing that EVER worked for me was using firmware 1.15.10 after trying pretty much all of them. Nothing else. Same problem every time. Cant see any network shares.

My netflix is now getting unplayable due to them doing updates …unlike WD who dont seem to care to fix their OWN issue?.. so i most “stooopidly” thought “just maybe they have fixed the OBVIOUS and changed the [Deleted] firmware?”… well once again i was wrong. very wrong.

It is just unbelievable that we, advanced or novice, should have to jump through troubleshooting hoops just to get it to see a shared file?

Oh wait “maybe try this… or maybe try that” Are you serious? My 7 yr old can set up my phone, navigate my network easily via 2 console and 2 different PC’s, even restarting my router! all due to devices being so easy to connect with each other. Except this.Sure it can see my network, the internet with services, PC Default shared folders etc etc… but not a single shared drive or folder?. wow.

Time to throw this brick in the bin. Not only Chromecast all the way but seagate and WHOEVER else there is other this pathetic company and their failing outdated products.

Perhaps it would be best to send an E-mail to WD Support about this. You can do so in the following link:

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

Try to provide as many details as possible related to the issue in question and the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far. They may request additional information if need be.

Network shares issues. You either have Master Browser issues (many posts about it) or perhaps this old post of mine can help