Backup to a WD Cloud in another location

Actually no. The term “My Cloud” is just a marketing term. The device is actually what is called a network attached storage device (NAS) that has limited remote access features.

One can manually configure WD Sync to backup more than the default folders on the computer that are backed up when the program is initially installed. See the WD Sync embedded Help for more information.

One could enable FTP within the My Cloud Dashboard, which isn’t a secure, to backup files using backup programs that support FTP transmission.

When WD removed the remote mapping capability from the MyCloud.com web portal it removed the capability to easily backup securely.

For users of the first gen v4.x firmware single bay My Cloud devices one could use the unofficial CloudDAVMod app to regain remote mapping capability.

https://community.wd.com/t/app-clouddavmod-various-versions-for-firmware-v4-12-2016/161543

Or one could attempt to use other unofficial methods to modify the My Cloud firmware (via SSH) to allow for secure remote access (SFTP for example). One can use the forum search feature to find past discussions on alternative methods like SFTP.

The second generation v2.x single bay My Cloud units do not support remote backup server access if one wants to backup from one single bay secong gen v2.x My Cloud to a remote second gen v2.x firmware single bay My Cloud.