Backup Question

Hello All:

Question for the group…

I have 2 EX4 units, and 3 4tb My Book drives…

Does anyone know of a backup program that will allow me to create a backup across multiple drives?

I am getting a 4th 4tb drive and need to continue to backup the data from the point I had to stop at due to running out of BACKUP space. I am currently using Microsoft’s Synctoy and have had no issue’s with it except I am not sure that this program would allow backup on multiple drives…

What I am looking to do is create the backup, and when 1 My Book is filled, it would then continue onto the next drive and so on…is there a program that does this?

Scott

Hello,

WD does not have a backup software with such capabilities. I recommend you do a search on the Internet or lets wait to see if any other user can comment about this.

Thanks for the reply…

I was not asking if WD had software that was able to do this, I was asking if anyone knew of a program that did. Sorry if I did not make this clear…

I tried googling it and did not find anything and that was why I threw it out there for the members to read and see if they knew of anything…

While researching a little I was reading about SPANNING my EXTERNAL HD’s to create one massive drive which in turn I can then do a backup and utilize all of the space across the 4 WD My Book drives. If I am reading it correctly, these 4 external drives would give me a total of about 16tb’s (each drive is 4tb’s) to work with and can be used as the backup space…is this correct?