Backup permanently incomplete

Hello,

Today I noticed that SmartWare (1.4.3.4) does not perform full backup of my files. This is unusual as so far everything was fine, i.e… All the files were copied to a separate partition in my MyBook. Now I have those yellow bars indicating that something was left behind.

1. Is there any fix to this issue?

2. Is there any way to find out which files were skipped?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi dude, I can’t see the pic… Still, what category is the one ignored?

Sorry

Here’s whole pic:

SmartWare doesn’t have a separate log of what it copied and did not copy unfortunately.  Nonetheless, can you use Windows to error check and defragment both your “C” drive as well as the WD one?  Does your drive pass all three of SmartWare’s diagnostics?  Do you have any other open programs that could access your files?  Anything like a virus scanner or security software may be accessing your files at the same time SmartWare tried to back them up.

PassPort Essential  Win:

I am having a very similar problem to this after upgrading to 1.4.3.4

Originally the Passport has all the backup folders in the  H:\WD_SmartWave  directory in a bunch of GUID-looping subfolders.

Now that folder is still there but the contents have I gather been transferred over to more meaningful directory structure in the H:\WD SmartWave.swctor<computer-name>\Volume.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<useful-folder-names>

After running a full backup again , the resultant display shows either a partial backup (like the one above) or with no information at all (and there is no “Last backup” data field at all now. I checked the backed-up folder on the H: driver and all the new backed up files seem to be backed up, but the status doesn’t show properly. This is what it looks like after a (successful):   After Backup

1. My C drive is SSD so there’s not need of defragmentation. Chkdsk results are fine.

2. MyBook is divided into several partitions. Smartware backup partition is also fine (altough on different one I have a few bad sectors).

3. Diagnostic tool gives me that:

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WD My Book 1110
Unit Serial Number: …
Firmware Number: 2018
Capacity: 999.50 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: FAIL
Test Error Code: 06-Quick Test on drive 2 did not complete! Status code = 07 (Failed read test element), Failure Checkpoint = 105 (Unknown Test) SMART self-test did not complete on drive 2!
Test Time: 10:39:13, February 26, 2011 

1. I always use Kaspersky Internet Security and so far I didn’t have any problems KIS and Smartware. No virus or spyware was detected in the system.

Here is view of the partial backup:

Hikari,

If WD DLG diagnostic software gives fail result on any test, you need to return the device for replacement.

1 Like