Backup of Android files (not photos)

Is there an official WD solution for automatic (ie: scheduled) backup of designated folders or specific files - from my Android device to the WD My Cloud - either via WiFi or Mobile Network?

If not, are there suggestions for a reliable 3rd Party solution? And how does one specify the WD My Cloud destination?

Edit: To clarify - I am not looking for SYNCING of the local Android files to a My Cloud folder. I’m just looking for simple file backup (copy the file to My Cloud daily or when it’s content changes).

My photo backup is working great via the WD Photos app. I need exactly the same functionality for other files (text, pdf etc)

I searched this forum but found no helpful posts… thanks!

Hi there,

I believe there is no WD software that could do this, however there could be some 3 party apps on the play store that could help you, but i have not tried this so lets see if another user can share some information or tips on this matter.

To transfer android media files like photos to computer, you can try Google Drive Backup , Google Photos, USB. But if you want to transfer text messages or contacts from android phone to computer, these methods won’t help, you should use an android file manager to help.

Well, there’re many this kind of third party apps could help, it could backup everything from your phone to computer, it’s not free. I know Coolmuster, very easy to use, try it yourself. You can download it and check the transfer tutorail here: Android file transfer Windows

Except Cloud backup,you’d better develop a good habit of backing up all your messages on your personl computer. You can complete it simply with the software MobiKin Assistant for Android. It can greatly reduce the possibility of losing messages in your daily life. And the action of backing up seems to be much easier than restoring.

Have a good habit of backing up all your messages is very great. You can complete it simply with the software Assistant for Android. It can greatly reduce the possibility of losing messages in your daily life. And the action of backing up seems to be much easier than restoring.