Backup iphone camera roll by My Cloud app

I use ‘My Cloud’ to backup my iphone photo to server.

I can view the files in wd2go.com but can’t preview the photo taken by iphone, but others are fine like screen capture.

On the other hands, I can’t preview in iphone either.

Any idea?

Do you guys use My cloud or WD photo for back up?

Thanks

The applications are optimized for file access rather than mobile backups. Some users do upload their files from their mobile devices to their network drives when needed, but this is done manually.

Use My Cloud exclusively, My Photo is old app.

Also, read this info below from another post I recently made, Your iPhone probably timed out and shut down.

IMPORTANT: for very large uploads (such as a complete and full iOS Camera Roll,) the iPhone/iPad Auto-Lock control needs to be set at a high value (meaning, set to Never,) BEFORE the upload begins, or else Auto-Lock will likely time out, step in, and shut down the
iPhone/iPad, and your uploading will stop before it completes.
(WD Support says Auto-Lock is a battery-saving design feature of iOS devices.)

Also, for large uploads, have a fully charged iOS device, and keep My Cloud app in the foreground during uploading.

Be sure when all is completely finished to put your Auto-Lock control back to where you had it set (at 5 minutes or under).

Subsequent auto-uploads may not require resetting Auto-Lock if only a few items are uploaded.

I have been told by WD Support that Android devices do not have this issue.

Dear both, thanks for the reply

I will try again tonight

Dear both

one more quick question

If I have 100 pic which finished uploaded to MYCloud last week, and then delete 10 pic today

What will happened in MYCloud when I run auto-backup? 10 pic which I deleted in my iphone will be deleted in the MYClound also?

And what will happen if I take some new pic?

thanks for advise

No, photos deleted on phone will not be deleted from My Cloud. one advantage of back up is someone could delete all photos on phone to get storage space back, but pictures are saved on My Cloud! If you have photos on My Cloud you want deleted because they did not come out well, etc. you have to go into My Cloud and delete just those photos, too. If you can’t remember exactly which ones you deleted from phone, then don’t delete any from My Cloud, so best to do this task of deleting at same time on both devices.

For new pics, If you use auto backup, be sure your My Cloud APP was completely shut down (not just minimized), because the app only checks for new uploads when app is turned back on. So, when you turn app back on, uploads begin right away.

thanks so much