Backup help needed

To anyone able to help with this issue.

I have a my passport essential se (wdbacx0010bbk-nesn) and are unable to backup my computer running win 7.

The drive is recognized however, when I try to complete backup using windows backup/restore it fails.

It will say backup in progress for a short time then will switch to check your backup- the last backup did not complete successfully.

I had to remove the installed WD software as it was using over 70% of the 4 gig memory and would pretty much cause all other programs to stop working. 

Thank you,

Jon

If windows backup is not working and Smartware is taking a lot of your PC resources try to download the latest firmware and Smartware version to see if that fixes the problem that you are having.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/Step1.asp?id=wdfMP30_SEEssential&os=WIN

The excessive system resource usage happened literally overnight several days ago. I thought maybe a virus/spyware/malware problem but nothing found when scanning in safe mode or otherwise.

I did notice a few minutes ago that I am getting error 0X81000019 if that means anything under the window backup.

I will try to download the new smartware version however, I have noticed many complaints about it using way too many system resources.

Let me know if you or anyone think of anything else.

Thank you,

Jon