Backup hard drive

how to back up total internal hard drive memory to wd my passport drive automatically…??

@debashisiitg What type of computer and operating system are you using? Have you looked for backup software? For more information use the link below.

http://learn.mycloud.com/

1 Like

@cat0w I am using windows 10 pro with two internal hard disk…os is in an ssd and another hdd is for storage. I had tried backup and my cloud but it does not work…thanks

I am a newby. I am using Win 10 Home (build 18362). I have a tangental question, to backups: I bgt. my 2TB HD (My Passport), 3 months ago. use it to store tv shows. When I plug it in to my Surface tablet and open file manager, it reads 4 items: all NTFS system (i) My Passport D (ii) local disc E (iii) local disc F. (iv) Local disc H. When I click on Properties for My Passport D it shows used space 139GB and unused space 29GB (total 160GB). In each of the other 3 locations, (E,F,H ) Properties shows unused space, of 699GB.
Obviously, I can copy/safe my data and then format the drirve. My question is, what did I do wrong to create this situation, so I can avoid it in future, please?. Thanks! Don

@don99 @debashisiitg Since you both need help with a My Passport you may want to put these topics in a sub-forum for that device.

I own two My Clouds and use WD SmartWare for doing my backups.

1 Like

will do thanks!