Backup from an HDD to MyCloud through my laptop using Smartware eats up my laptop's SSD storage!

Hi There,

I am creating a continuous backup from an HDD connected to my Laptop via USB to My WDMyCloud using SmartWare but it stopped since it filled up my laptop’s SSD completely. I supposed that my laptop was just being used as a bridge between

my HDD and MyCloud but somehow it’s storing information in my SSD.

Can someone please explain why this is happening and how to solve it?

I am using my HDD for all my pictures and I use photoshop to modify them and I want to have a continous back up on MyCloud.

Thank you in advance for the help!

Tuco

Hi there, have you checked the properties on the folders to see which folder has the most data to verify?

Thank you for your reply. I have gone through my C: drive folders to see which are the large folders that are saving back up information and I found the folders from my exyernal HDD that I am trying to back up on MyClaoud. They are being stored in

C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\namespace\10.0.0.10\SmartWare\WD SmartWare.swstor\WS03GAGW7\Volume.87a…

I can see all that have been saved so far but heay are encrypted since I cannot see the actual content of the files.

Does this mean that my computer will be saving large amounts of back up data? Do i have to plug in my external HDD directly to MyCloud and try to back up from there? Is this possible?

Thank you again

Hi Again,

Does anyone know why when I start making a back up for my external HDD to MyCloud using my laptop, do the files are saved in C:\Windows\CSC which is usually where the offline files are stored? It does not make sense because now I ate all my internal SSD memory and the back up was not even completed.

Please help,

Thank you

I think you wl get more answers from a dedicated Smartware forum … http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Software/bd-p/smartware

Thank you so much Jamalaya, I’ll check that out.