Backup Duplicate and acclaration

Hello,

i want to create a duplicate of the backup of data that my WD SmartWare software created, but when trtying to copy and paste the folder directly in windows explorer, i get an error message. I don’t seem to be able to find an option in the software interface to create such duplicate.

Other thing i don’t seem to completely understand is that if i delete files on my computer, will they disappear from the external drive if i activated the instant backup thing?

Thanks

Hi there, what error do you get? Smartware puts the files on a regular foler, so it should allow you to copy it out…

On the other hand, if you erase the files from your computer then Smartware will not erase the files from the drive, however, if you erase them from your computer then you will no longer have a backup as by definition a backup means having the files on 2 different places in case one of them fails.

If you erase the files from your computer and your drive dies 20 seconds later, that’s it.

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

Hi there, what error do you get? Smartware puts the files on a regular folder, so it should allow you to copy it out…

On the other hand, if you erase the files from your computer then Smartware will not erase the files from the drive, however, if you erase them from your computer then you will no longer have a backup as by definition a backup means having the files on 2 different places in case one of them fails.

If you erase the files from your computer and your drive dies 20 seconds later, that’s it.

Thank you The PizzaMatrix,

this answers my question if not his.  I moved a copy of the My Music folder into MyPassport, separately from the backup and after making sure were in the new location I was deleting them from my computer and the amounts shown in the smartware graphic were staying identical.