Backup android

Is it possible to do do a full backup from my Samsung tablet to wd mycloud?

Yes, but you would most likely need to a 3rd party app that supports backing up to an NAS to do so. Generally the WD My Cloud and WD Photos apps for Android are for backing up photos/videos on the Android device to the My Cloud.

Not with WD.

So Backup your Android device with whatever app or way you do it. Once you have the files, move them to a network share with ES File Explorer. I know Titanium is a popular choice.

Do not know of a way directly, unless you mount the network share on Android, which I am almost sure it is doable but never done it.

Now, I am sure there are lots more details, such as some root might be required depending on the backup apps or to mount the share. But that that is for you to find out and those belong on another forum :grinning:

Tthanks

As far as I know a special designed android data backup app could transfer everything from your phone to computer in few simple steps, and you don’t need to root your phone, just need enable usb debugging on your phone.
how to backup samsung to computer

To backup samsung galaxy data, Coolmuster Android Assistant also works great, it could transfer sms, contacts, photos, etc. to computer in few simple steps, have a try.
how to backup samsung contacts

If you are a Samsung user, you might want to backup all your important Samsung mobile device data to the cloud. After all, files can be lost easily from the Samsung device, no matter because of accidental deletion, device formatting, system corruption and so forth.

Step 1: Tap “Settings” on your Samsung device and scroll down the screen until you find the option of “Accounts and Sync”. Just tap it and click “Add account” on the pop-up screen.

Step 2: Tap Samsung account. Then, create an account. Enter your email, password and others.

Step 3: After signing into your Samsung account, tap your Samsung account > Device backup. Choose Backup options.

Step 4: A small dialog pops up. Tick Samsung data you want to backup. In fact, you can backup logs, SMS, MMS, and settings. Then, tap OK.

Step 5: Then, tap Back up now to back up your wanted data to samsung cloud. Or you can tick Auto backup to let samsung phone backup data once a day automatically.