BACKUP A G-SPEED STUDIO TO G-DRIVE USB or THUNDERBOLT

Hi, I have a 12TB G-SPEED STUDIO RAID5 as my main data drive, 12TB. I order a G-Drive USB 10TB to backup the data on it, I don’t use the full 12. I have not opened this G-drive box and could send it back, but the USB is so much cheaper, 300 GBP for 10TB. So I am asking if I send it back and get a Thunderbolt version at much more cost, does linking a thunderbolt 2 G-Drive (to function as the backup of the G-speed) to the G-Speed studio is the fastest way to backup, vs plugging a USB3 G-Drive to my mac.

What is the best practice to backup the G-Speed studio without spending crazy money for another G-Studio raid or speed version. I have attached 2 quick designed I knocked up to show you the 2 or the 3 options I am considering. This forum does not allow 3 images to be attached lol.

I don’t understand daisy chaining thunderbolts. If I was to attach one thunderbolt 2 to the back of the G-Speed to my Macbook Pro and the other G-speed thunderbold2 socket to a G Drive thunderbolt 2 (returning my USB version of that drive) would that be a faster and more stable backup. If I did that does the data come through the mac in either case or is it smart and the data flows from one box to the other.

I would be using cronosync software to mirror change from G-stuido to G-drive USB. Should I stick with the USB drive attached to my laptop and enjoy the cost saving or will it be so much faster to order a thunderbolt version and attach it to the G-Speed directly.

Thanks for anyone thoughts on this.

The performance would be the same regardless of how they are hooked up. Daisy chaining only saves you from using up another TB port on your computer.

The performance between the devices will be the same over USB 3 or TB2,

Thanks Rydia, good to know. I will keep the USB drive then. Cheers!