Backing Up

So this is strange. I feel like I’m crazy.

Two years or so ago, I bought two EX2s. I had one backup up to the other on a regular basis. I recently moved the drives to another room and I deleted the backup job when I was messing with some settings a month or so ago… and now I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the two to connect and have one backup to the other again.

Am I crazy? Was I not able to backup one to the other before? It’s so long ago, it feels like a dream that it worked. What’s worse is I can’t remember if they were connected via USB or if I set up a remote backup or what.

As I’m reading through message boards to try to figure out how to do this again, it seems like remote backup won’t work if they’re on the same network (which they are). It seems also like you can’t just daisy chain the two via USB and select the destination folder.

What am I missing? I’ve been looking all over the forums and just can’t quite seem to get on the trail for how to backup one EX2 to another. Any help, including just a link to the right path is most appreciated.

Hi TryloV4nce,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.