Backing up multiple computers with my book world edition

having trouble backing up multiple computers with my book world edition, software version 01.02.12, mionet version 4.3.1.13, I have one cumputer backing up now, windows vista, the second one has windows 7, I’m having trouble selecting a back up location in windows 7,it shows the drive on the network, my book is connected N.A.S, but will not let me create a new folder to back up to. I have 4 computers to do 2 vista and 2 windows 7, 3 are laptops.the wd software onthe windows 7 computer is the latest version downloaded from the web site.

Verify that all of your computers are on the same Workgroup as the MBW.  Also you may try to create your backups in the Public folder, or other folder with public permissions.

steven418 wrote:

having trouble backing up multiple computers with my book world edition, software version 01.02.12, mionet version 4.3.1.13, I have one cumputer backing up now, windows vista, the second one has windows 7, I’m having trouble selecting a back up location in windows 7,it shows the drive on the network, my book is connected N.A.S, but will not let me create a new folder to back up to. I have 4 computers to do 2 vista and 2 windows 7, 3 are laptops.the wd software onthe windows 7 computer is the latest version downloaded from the web site.

• *> What Happens when you try to create the folder? What error msg do you get?>  you can try creating the folder manually and then selecting that as the backup destination