Backdrop file help

Hello. I’d first like to say I am inlove with my WD TVmp. best local file streamer I have ever used. I am having an issue getting with some art. The backdrop

I watch my media through a LAN.

my folders contain: (for example)

batman (1989).avi

batman (1989).jpg

folder.jpg

batman (1989).xml

(so far all files do and show what they are supposed to. now for the back drop art)

I have tried renaming but so far none has worked.

batman (1989)-fanart.jpg

fanart.jpg

backdrop.jpg

batman (1989)-backdrop.jpg

What has got me pulling my hair out is what does the JPG file need to be named in order for it to show as the back ground in my batman folder? Windows does not let me make a .batman.backdrop folder

…And how come when no info from the xml shows up unless i open the folder? For example the genre, director etc. Even if I get the content through the player. It just shows “N/A” on all.

F_Zero45 wrote:

What has got me pulling my hair out is what does the JPG file need to be named in order for it to show as the back ground in my batman folder?

You can’t do it that way.  All backdrop files are referenced via the XML metadata.

Tony is correct, you need to edit the XML file …

eg.  edit the   tag inside the xml file to point to the location of the backdrop image

(which you can name however you like… fanart, backdrop, background etc etc)

<backdrop>Batman (1989)-fanart.jpg</backdrop>

Ok I understand about the backdrop. I’ll look online to see if I can fine a tool that will let mw add the line to all the xml files. Do you guys happen to know of one?