Back ups on new My Passport

I have recently replaced my 1TB My Passport, cos it had very little space on it, with a 4TB one.
Everything appears to be on the new hard drive but why does it not show a similar ‘storage’ figure to the old one?
Although l am a bit naive about technogy l wonder if it’s something to do with the loads of backups on the old HD? I assumed that each time it backed up that only stuff SINCE the last back up registered not that it backed up from scratch, meaning that early stuff will be on time after time. Should l be deleting some of the old backups?

Hi belleblueownet,

You should check after the reformatting of hard drive in OS compatible file format before taking backup of important data files and then check for the storage issue.

Hi, thanks for your interest in my problem. As l said in my original post l am no expert so l am sorry to say l do not have any idea what you mean. Sue xx

Hi belleblueownet,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

Hi Brandon
Already had response from WD support by e mail but think as you suggest I need to speak to someone on phone.
Just hope they realise they are dealing with a novice!
Thanks
Sue xx

OK - so sat down to contact WD support by phone and cannot find a number- I have already contacted them by e mail under case number 092418-13260136 but really need to speak to someone!!