AVCHD (MTS) files have no audio for the first few seconds

AVCHD (MTS) files have no audio for the first few seconds. Then the video pauses while the audio starts. Once the audio catches up to the video the audio and video stay in sync. I only noticed this shortly after the latest software upgrade in November. All other video formats seem to work. Any Ideas on what I can to to correct this issue?

I am french and my english is not good, but I have the same problem sinse the last sunday.

Le firmware d’origine était le 1.02.21_V, j’ai fait un upgrade vers la version 1.04.10_V, mais j’avais le problème
de décalage son et image sur les fichiers AVCHD (.mts et .m2ts).
Nouveau changement de firmware: roll back vers version 1.03.49_V tel qu’expliqué sur le site WD.
Maintenant tout est OK: plus de décalage son et image sur les premières secondes de lecture des fichiers AVCHD.
ll y  aurait donc un bug dans la dernière version du firmware.

Yerh I’ve got the exact same problem. 1.03.49 played them perfectly 1.04.10 plays catch up, as you described 1.04.17 first time wouldn’t play them and said unsupported format. Then after an hour of playing over files I went back and the .mts files played but with no audio at all. I’m thinking about rolling back to 1.02.21 just for kicks and giggles :smiley:

Translaing what Berprou said (hopefully):

I am French and my English is Not Good, But I Have the same problem drawings The Last sunday. The original firmware was 1.02.21_V, I did an upgrade to version 1.04.10_V, but I had the problem and shift its image on the AVCHD files (. mts and. m2ts). New firmware change: roll back to version 1.03.49_V as explained on the site WD. Now everything is OK and more than offset his image on the first seconds of play AVCHD files. It would therefore be a bug in the latest firmware.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is there ever going to be a fix for .mts playback?  I know it’s not “supported”, but why break it and not fix it?  That was one of the deciding factors of placing a Live in each room because it played my home videos.

This frustrates me too.  Who knows what happened?, but it aint fixed yet, so I cant see it ever being fixed.

I know that the wdlxtv team has just about reached the limit on the firmware size that they can write for the wdtv’s. Meaning - theres little room left to add any more features. So I wonder if the official WDTV team is leaving out code and dropping functions so that they have room to add other features ie: facebook etc.

I dont know, just a guess.

I hope not.  The multiple codec functionality should be the main focus of this device.  Keep Pandora and YouTube and scrap the rest of the ■■■■ to make some room!  just my opinion though:smileyvery-happy:

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

Bananas,

Awesome news for us!

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/AVCHD-mts-Is-there-a-fix/m-p/163064#M20235

1 Like

Well, colour me impressed!

Thanks for the link bamboo

Bananas wrote:

I know that the wdlxtv team has just about reached the limit on the firmware size that they can write for the wdtv’s. Meaning - theres little room left to add any more features. So I wonder if the official WDTV team is leaving out code and dropping functions so that they have room to add other features ie: facebook etc.

I dont know, just a guess.

I wouldn’t go quite that far.

Codec support is mostly based on the chip, not the firmware… either the chip can handle a stream it’s been given, or it can’t.  It doesn’t bloat the firmware all that much to parse and pass additional stream types to the chip to decode.

Yes, there’s a huge jump in size of the firmware when you get to the 1.04 series.  Enough so that B-Rad can’t base his third-party firmwares on 1.04 and have it flashable – it has to load from USB, with the box actually flashed to a 1.02- or 1.03-based firmware and then loading the 1.04-based 3rd party firmware on every boot.

So, yes, the space for flashable firmware isn’t infinite, but to my knowledge, WD isn’t quite out of space yet – they just can not physically add _ everything _ that’s in the WDLXTV firmware. The 1.03-based 3rd party firmwares (that _ are _ flashable) are still at least 50% larger than the current 1.04.22 stock firmware, so WD still has quite a bit of space to play with before they run into the same barrier that B-Rad did.