Availability in Canada

When will this be for sale in Canada. It was on the website for order on the weekend and I ordered it. But it got canceled today and is no longer on the site.

I had the same thing happen to me. I ended up ordering from the US site and I’m having it delivered to a US address. Hopefully that will work for me. I just noticed that it was available at Best Buy Online now and they offer free shipping in the US. I couldn’t wait for WD Canada to add this to their list of products.

Well I never got a confirmation from WD so I assume they discovered it was the same dumb Canadian trying again :slight_smile:

I did order through BB but they wouldn’t take an Int’l PayPal but i was able to use my credit card with a US residence.

Canada has a differnt part number “WDBHG70000NBK-VESN” its listed on many sites , no stock or ETA on any of them

I ordered mine from Amazon.com on Tuesday and received it (in Canada) on Wednesday. Works great!

454SS wrote:

Canada has a differnt part number “WDBHG70000NBK-VESN” its listed on many sites , no stock or ETA on any of them

You guys just HAVE to be different…just like the speed signs and the letter “Z”…*sigh*

I was told by a Canadian supplier that they should be receiving them on October 28th. Amazon.ca is indicating 1-2 months:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005PLHF4S/ref=asc_df_B005PLHF4S1736451?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&linkCode=asn&creative=395381&creativeASIN=B005PLHF4S&tag=shopbotca-20

If you don’t want to wait, do like me and order it from amazon.com. I ordered two and they cost me $140 each, including tax, duty next day shipping and the exchange (on credit card). When I purchased them they were $99.99, now listed at $93.44 - grrrrr! The total ends up being less than buying it in Canada so why wait?

The cheapest place I’ve found to buy WD players is http://www.canadacomputers.com. The new unit isn’t on their site, but the price should be $109.99. They have locations in Southern Ontario or shipping is $6.99 flat anywhere in the country. 

“the price should be $109.99” - you are just guessing right? The Canadian price “should” be no more than $102 since our dollar is pretty much at parity with the US but that never happens. Doing a quick search, the best price I found was $114.89 at pccanada.com, much better than I was expecting (still $129.99 at amazon.ca). Of course there is no reason why these prices can’t change once it finally becomes available. So you have the choice, wait until the unit become available in Canada or get it from the US.

I chose to order from the US because I had purchased the WD TV Live Plus at BestBuy a few days before they came out with the new TV Live. I returned the WD TV Live Plus on Tuesday and received the new unit on Wednesday :smileyvery-happy:

The only question now is what is the difference between the US model and the Canadian model?  I think the two are identical and it’s the packaging that is different. Most online services aren’t available to Canadians so they may remove them from the packaging. When I returned the “old” unit they told me many had been returned because people expected to be able to use all the online services. They may even remove the services from the list in the menu but I can simply hide the services not available here. Actually I don’t plan on using any of them anyway except for accuweather which does work.

So how did you manage to get them to send it to canada? I keep getting a warning saying that this item wont ship to my address…

paulms wrote:

“the price should be $109.99” - you are just guessing right? The Canadian price “should” be no more than $102 since our dollar is pretty much at parity with the US but that never happens. Doing a quick search, the best price I found was $114.89 at pccanada.com, much better than I was expecting (still $129.99 at amazon.ca). Of course there is no reason why these prices can’t change once it finally becomes available. So you have the choice, wait until the unit become available in Canada or get it from the US.

I chose to order from the US because I had purchased the WD TV Live Plus at BestBuy a few days before they came out with the new TV Live. I returned the WD TV Live Plus on Tuesday and received the new unit on Wednesday :smileyvery-happy:

The only question now is what is the difference between the US model and the Canadian model?  I think the two are identical and it’s the packaging that is different. Most online services aren’t available to Canadians so they may remove them from the packaging. When I returned the “old” unit they told me many had been returned because people expected to be able to use all the online services. They may even remove the services from the list in the menu but I can simply hide the services not available here. Actually I don’t plan on using any of them anyway except for accuweather which does work.

I just checked and it looks like Amazon.com must be out of stock as it indicated 1 to 2 months for shipping. It is now defaulting to “Ships from and sold by The Price Pros” which I guess don’t ship to Canada. The two other suppliers listed don’t ship to Canada either. I guess the only other option is to have it shipped to a US address and either pick it up (if you live near the border) or have it forwarded. That **bleep**. Glad I got mine when I could.

@ paulms-  No, I spoke with the company.

But thanks for doing your bit to dispel the myth that all Canadians are polite.

Rachael wrote:

@ paulms-  No, I spoke with the company.

But thanks for doing your bit to dispel the myth that all Canadians are polite.

??? -  I was simply asking where you got the price from. I assumed you were guessing since you didn’t indicate you actually talked to them. My rant was due to a personal frustration that prices for goods in Canada are almost always inflated here in Canada. I’m sorry if I offended you.

So could they give you an estimate as to when it will be available in Canada? I know some people that might be interested in buying one at $109.99.

Bestbuy.ca is no longer listing a WDTV Live Plus anymore… must be getting ready to flip over to the streaming!

WD… do you have any official information as to when the new WD TV Live will hit shelves in Canada?

Looks like the Canadian version is now available at BestBuy.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Missing-Netflix-and-Hulu-Services-on-new-Canadian-WD-TV-Live/td-p/281358

Correct, you can buy them from a few of the major outlets (EG: BestBuy or FutureShop) for $110 (rounded up) + tax.

I purchased mine (canadian model) on the 1st of November and have been loving it.

Only piece that “should” work, but does not is the Netflix (of which the linked thread is related).

Otherwise, an excellent piece of hardware.