Automatically upload files as they are downloaded to a device?

Hi everyone,

I would like to have my cloud automatically upload files I downloaded to my computer. I have the My Cloud EX2 Ultra.

What is your exact use case ? I am guessing you want all the files you manually download from your web browser to a location on your WD device ? In this case there are a few folder sync tools avaiable.

Personally I would just use rsync on my PC between my Downloads folder and my WD device.

File uploads are cross-system data transfers. You can upload files in one of three ways:

Client-to-server upload, which transfers files according to the client-server mode, such as when you upload an image or video through a form on a website.
Remote upload, which transfers data from one remote system to another under the control of a local system, e.g., from cloud storage to a website, when the connection between the remote systems is faster than that between the local and remote systems. Additionally, you can transfer files between only the remote systems with this technique.
Peer-to-peer (P2P) sharing, which shares files between users through a decentralized network of devices. Here, each device can serve as client and server, enabling both uploads and downloads.