Automatic Get Content Info No Longer Works

I’ve used Get Info on 10/13 and for the previous 8 days with no problems. Every movie I has scanned fine. From movies from 1950s to 2013.

I’m also getting this issue. Automatic get content stopped working a while back for me so I was just doing it manually, but now it says “Network not available” when I try to get it manually.

Not working for me either, and likewise throwing a “no network available” error when the network is fine. I’m watching this thread in hopes someone finds an answer! Dave

after further tinkering with this thing I think I’m onto something.

I discovered that the files causing problems had associated nfo’s.  Media files without an nfo file with the same filename seem to work fine for getting content info, but if ther’s an nfo i get the “no network” error.  In the past I don’t think nfo’s were a problem but they sure seem to be mow.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

5 Likes

That worked for me, thanks Dave!!

That worked!   ====  Thanks, Dave / phylth !  ====

I tested Get Content on a movie title with a nfo file present and get “Network Not Available”. I deleted the nfo file in the movie title folder, then Get Content worked.     

Hopefully, WD will fix this problem in the next firmware release.

phylth wrote:

after further tinkering with this thing I think I’m onto something.

I discovered that the files causing problems had associated nfo’s.  Media files without an nfo file with the same filename seem to work fine for getting content info, but if ther’s an nfo i get the “no network” error.  In the past I don’t think nfo’s were a problem but they sure seem to be mow.

Hope this helps someone.

Dave

Works a treat Dave. Thanks for your help. 8 movies I had this with, removed the nfos and now sorted. Dont care if there is no firmware fix, this is an easy solution. Thanks a lot.

So, is there a solution for this problem when your movie titles contain the year in their name? It may have been answered but I’ve had no luck finding a solution other than removing the year from the whole list (which I’d prefer not to do). This seems a backwards step due to so many movies with the same name but of different year.

Rollback of firmware from 1.16.13 to 1.15.10 did no good as apparently this is a recent change to the way the movie database handles title names.

Is this expected to be fixed in another firmware update?

I find that the auto content feature is spotty and when I rescan a folder on a network share that’s been added to my media library I still get spotty results based on the name. Manual find always seems to yield me some results, even if I have to tinker with the file name.

Is this pretty much the norm for the device? It doesn’t happen on all files and it’s easy enough to work around, just a bit tedious it seems.

absolutely right… i changed the info name, so it dosn’t match… and it works

thanks phylth