Auto Unlock on WD Security w/ 2 My Book Hard Drives

Hello,

I have both a 3 TB (2 years old) and 8 TB (new) My Book External Hard Drive attached to my computer. Both are protected with WD Security running under Windows 10 Pro. I have both set to use the auto unlock feature. However, every time I boot the computer, the 3 TB drive auto unlocks, but the 8 TB drive does NOT. This is a pain because it means every time I boot up I have to open the WD Security software and manually unlock the 8 TB drive. What am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi bkantor,

Well, just unlock the drive using WD Security and then remove the password. After that create the new password and make sure to click on auto unlock option during the setup.

Unfortunately, that does not work. I spent 2 hours on the phone with your tech support on Wednesday night and we could not get it to auto unlock on either of my 2 computers despite cleaning the drive’s partition, repartitioning, reformatting, reinstalling WD security, etc. I sent you guys my logs from the 2 different computers we tried the hard drive on and it was going to get escalated to tier 3 support. I am waiting for WD tier 3 support to contact me back.