Auto Delete Files after X Days

Hey everyone,

I have a ‘CCTV’ share on my MyCloud Mirror, where my CCTV IP Cam records to via FTP.

All works perfectly, but I have to remember to open the WD app and delete, which is a pain.

Does anyone have any advice on how to automatically delete files in this share after 30 days?

Alternatively, I have access to SSH via Webconsole, is anyone able to write a command that I can use in there to schedule the deletion of files over 30 days? A cron job perhaps? I’ve not used this type of thing before.

Any advice would be great!

Hi russkn87,

I have the same question. I have my CCTV system saving to the drive via FTP however after setting a quota to limit disk usage the recording stoped, instead of, what I assumed, auto deleting/over-recording?

Have you found any solution?

thanks

Hi! No, sorry I never found a solution sadly. I resorted to buying SD cards for my cameras individually.

Sorry its a bit late but…
Hello All. some old posts to this issue have suggested the use of crontab, but for those like me who are not croknowlegeable in this, a simple method it to :
1-Create shares you want to use in WD drive. map the WD drive top level share, on a windows computer(having set FTP and NFS active on WD drive) over your network.
(if you want sub directories, you will have to create them from windows Mapped access)

2-download Cyber D`s Auto Delete for windows- this allows you to set up a complex delete plan(in Config.exe with one program), and then run it as often as you want, with a different autodelete.exe program, via windows task scheduler.(many youtube vids show how to do this)

I am planning to use this to delete CCTV footage stored on MYcloud after several days. it is set up and have tried it manually( no cameras yet) but works.

Thanks