Authentication

For some reason now, I must “authenticate” every time I add something or do anything to my G-drive " I get “modifying____ requires an administrator name and password” Why is this happening now all of a sudden??? How do I change this? I have permission to read and write if this has anything to do with it.

It could be enabled if you had allowed encryption at some point when using the drive as a Time Machine backup device.

Our recommendation would be to remove the content you have on it if it is nowhere else and then erase the drive in the Disk Utility and start it over to clear any permissions issues.

I have kind of similar issue , on my user ID automatically pops up my full name , when i enter password won’t let me to process, but ones i Reject to log in back it is fine, just not asking the user ID… ? I am confused just setting up new G-DRIVE mobile USB… PLEASE HELP

I am thinking maybe my user id is incorrect which is automatically there , thats why password don’t work , so can not erase anything to start new …

That process is not tied to the drive nor its permissions. Apple (Mac OS) is the one requesting your username and password for the device.

1 Like