*** Audio / Video out of sync ***

Using the newest firmware … I have sometimes problems playing quite normal files (vobs / mpg - ps) :cry:

They seem to be in sync when beginning, but at the end (e.g. after 40mins) there is a noticable delay (sound delayed)

The files are  encoded with Super@ and playing very well and lip-sync on Windows (media player, vlc, super, …).

PS:

Getting MAD … have had reproduced it about 3-4 times with real Power off / on … but now it’s playing the vids absolutely synchronous !?? Seems to me that there might be something related with FF / FB / Prev / Next  or something that is stored, even if you cut off the power ???

Any help appreciated …

Video
ID : 224 (0xE0)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@Main
Format settings, Matrix : Default
Duration : 48mn 32s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 5 080 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 8 400 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 576 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Standard : PAL
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.490
Stream size : 1.72 GiB (88%)
Audio
ID : 128 (0x80)
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Duration : 48mn 32s
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Video delay : -40ms
Stream size : 156 MiB (8%)

hey there…

have used dozens of set-top media players…audio/video un-sync happens occasionally with each/everyone at times…

it is a cause/effect of the trancode…

you can sometimes fix this problem by pause/stopping the video then starting or sometimes by rewinding the video a few seconds then hitting play…

whatever video you have, the way it was transcoded  is maxing out the cpu of the player causing the lag…

i’ve even seen this happen with cheap dvd players (yes you can buy a dvd player new from under $10 sometimes)

try using another encoder—i am NOT a fan of SUPER—yes it is free, but sometimes like the $10 dvd player, you get  the quality of what you pay for…

i am a fan of WinFF (also free), DeVeeDee (free), avimux (free but can be complicated—it has toooo many features)

as always ymmv (YOUR milage may vary)

good luck

-Peon